Decision Time

Toby31

Reaction score
I think I have narrowed it down for some new gear. I like the look of the MatricF25 box also the Map 4 wheelbarrow and am looking for a margin pole. Read about the Shimano Beastmaster is it worth the money or can anyone recommend an alternative please preferably cheaper. No more than 8 metres required.

nottskev

Reaction score
you wont go wrong with the beastmaster

I'd second that. It's not the cheapest, and there are lots on the market, but mine is about 12 years old, looks like new (it doesn't get used all that much) and has coped with everything, including a few barbel from the Derwent. It's light and slim in the hand and even though I'm really fussy about what poles I use, I really enjoy using it and it doesn't feel, despite the silly name, like a yanker and banker or a monsta killa.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The map 4 barrow is nice but the handles are very low slung and aren't adjustable.
So if you're tallish you'll find yourself bending down to push it.
You may be better off with the 2 wheeler which you can hold in a high position ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Is this the same question that was asked on Maggotdrowners ? If so you have had the same answers about margin pole,
As for a barrow I would say 2 wheel is better than 4 Unless the places you visit have totally flat paths around/alongside them.