Big Bream

JohnnyFishFeeder

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering which waters you might reccomend for specimen bream within the West Midlands or surrounding areas.
I have heard that Earlswood Bishops bowl Larford are well worth a try...any more reccomendations please.

dicky123

Reaction score
While it may be a bit of a slap, the Trent has plenty of big Bream, mostly uncaught unlike their still-water brothers. They don't seem to have as much slim and they actually fight.

I do think anyone fishing purposely for big Bream must have had a misspent youth. And should have taken more drugs, had more sex, and a tattoo in their teens.:w

metalmicky1944

Reaction score
If you are looking for for a decent days Bream fishing on the Trent try "The Road Stretch" at Burton Joyce the old "Golden Mile" as it was know way back in the day. It's run by Ashworth Angling Club and you can get Day Tickets on the bank from John the bailiff for £3.50. They tend to shoal up a third to half way across around the area between permanent pegs 1 to 5 and the small wooded section between Peg 1 and the clapper gate leading into Nelson field. On a good day 100 lb+ nets of Bronze slabs touching double figures can be caught.
My personal best single fish from the wooded section is 13,4 lb with numerous day time sessions running into three figures on red worm tipped with a red maggot and brown bread ground-bait laced with squats.
Hope that helps
Tight Lines
Mike

JohnnyFishFeeder

Reaction score
Thankyou Mike

I guess a double figure river bream would put a big smile on my face buddy! I hadn't really considered attempting a river due to otter predation and how that has had a negative impact on river fish stocks. Are the big bream still present on that stretch Mike? Cheers!

JohnnyFishFeeder

Reaction score
I enjoy bream fishing on balanced tackle you can enjoy some good sport..furthermore anytime spent on the bank instead of being at work is not to be frowned upon. It is likely that if you get on the money you will have multiple catches...I think a double figure bream is a great sight to behold I member as a teenager watching JW bag some wonderful fish using a slider float great sport! Like I said there is no such thing as a bad day on the bank.

As for drugs tattoos and drink I threw enough idiots out of Bham pubs and clubs to know that's a waste of good time! Cheers!