Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: River fishing help please

Ralph, for a float 9 times out of 10 i just clip one of these on with a sharpened matchstick.

River fishing help please-618paiqpkbl._sl1024_.jpg

MagiDeal 12Pcs Tear Drop Foam Float Fly Fishing Strike Indicators Accessory: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

They're tiny (20mm long) take about a BB, or nothing at all with a large worm. I like them because i can go from lure fishing or freelining to floatfishing without having to break too much down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Another Dave View Post
    Ralph, for a float 9 times out of 10 i just clip one of these on with a sharpened matchstick.

River fishing help please-618paiqpkbl._sl1024_.jpg

MagiDeal 12Pcs Tear Drop Foam Float Fly Fishing Strike Indicators Accessory: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

They're tiny (20mm long) take about a BB, or nothing at all with a large worm. I like them because i can go from lure fishing or freelining to floatfishing without having to break too much down.
    Those look good, I will get some of those. I have been using a couple of bead float that I got in a lot. They work well for the little stuff, but I only have two of them and did not know where to get any more.

Ralph.
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

Blog Entries

I made it back to the river for an hour or so yesterday afternoon to try out my new telescopic rod. It worked fine and I managed to catch some fish. Okay it is not the best rod/reel I own, but it does the job for the money spent. The perch were nowhere to be seen but I did catch a lot of small chublet.

There is a bit more about the session and a few more pictures of the venue on my blog HERE. if anyone is interested to see what a river in the heart of South East London can look like.

Ralph.
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234