Otters be damned.

laguna

Reaction score
Nice n' fury looking as they are, yet the apex predator are eating all that's left of the unsustainable fish and ducks in rivers. Their reintroduction by wilders enthusiasts better start thinking fish stocks and impact on declining angling industry/tourism.

Boris Johnson big's em up on his facebook page in his piece "We were the rotters who did for the otters."
Boris Johnson - With news as exciting as this, there is no... | Facebook

Better sticking with your letterboxes mate.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a buffoon that bloke is. I cannot believe he was ever Foreign Secretary. Where have all the proper politicians gone ? :eek:mg:

Nigel Farage!
I'd vote for T*** R******* if he was in the running.

The country is being drowned with leftist pillocks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jelster

Reaction score
Many see the Otter as the barometer to our rivers cleanliness. And, as much as a wildlife enthusiast as I am, I would rather see Otters stay coastal rather than on our inland waterways.

Our fish stocks are struggling as it is.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It is interesting to see in the quoted article that BJ quotes Sophocles . . . . and in so doing opens himself to comparson to alternatve quotes from he who penned so many Greek Tragedies, (and some more apt to the author as well)

"If you have done terrible things, you must endure terrible things; for thus the sacred light of injustice shines bright"

That said, let us not stray too far from the allowable topic of Otters as it concerns associated fishing politics . . . .

Last edited:

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Johnson is living proof that no matter how good an education you get you can still end up as thick as sh!t

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderation note:

Any further references to those persons who have nothing to do with Angling Politics will be edited and the instigator given an infringement.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nigel Farage!
I'd vote for T*** R******* if he was in the running.

The country is being drowned with leftist pillocks!

Neither has Nigel Farage Peter?

Thing is if T**** R******* ever got into political power he might become interested in angling? He might buy us all a rack of high end fishing rods....you never know! ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
O

O.C.F.Disorder

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to vote, there should be a mandatory I.Q. test or something.:frusty:

thecrow

Reaction score
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to vote, there should be a mandatory I.Q. test or something.:frusty:

Some people that were self appointed shouldn't be allowed to deal with government and say they represent all anglers when they only represent a tiny % of them with their double dealing and standards when it comes to money.

People fought and died to enable most in society to be able to vote, shall we go back to the days of only men and the wealthy being able to vote, maybe anglers should be given a chance to vote on who represents them?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
People fought and died to enable most in society to be able to vote ,

Actually Graham, no one actually fought or died to gain the right to vote in the UK.

Prior to the 1918 Representation of the People Act only men who owned property (with a rental value of £5 per annum or more) had the vote.

As the General Election loomed closer the 1918 Act was passed enabling all men (over 21 and serving servicemen over the age of 19) and some women to vote; and nothing at all to do with wars or dying for the vote.

Following the Act the voting numbers increased from eight million to 21 million and it was not until the Equal Franchise Act of 1928 that women over 21 were able to vote . . . . .

It remained that way until The Representation of the People Act 1969 lowered the voting age from 21 to 18, with effect from 1970, with some exceptions in Scotland woth The Representation of the People Act 1969 that lowered the voting age from 21 to 18, with effect from 1970 and remained in force until the Scottish Independence Referendum Act 2013 which allowed 16 year olds to vote for the first time, but only in Scotland and only in that particular referendum.

So, you can see then that it is a common misconception that "people died for the vote" . . . . . . as it transpired purely from social and political issues . . . .

thecrow

Reaction score
Oh you think that people would have been allowed to vote had Nazi's won the 2nd world war?

I don't want or need a history lesson that comes from a copy and paste from somewhere to here, I have my own views on why it was so important to win the 2nd world war and imo the freedom to vote for who the majority want as their government was one of them not by some dictator taking power by force and imposing his will on the people.