diawa tournament x250 seatbox

Nnighteelff

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a diawa tournament x250 seatbox or if you guys know if the legs are threaded at the top like the map and matrix legs.

I'm getting the box but that's the only bit of info I can't seem to find.

Thanks in advance

John

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Hi John, as far as I know, the legs are not threaded at the top, But depending on the size of the legs ie 25mm/30mm you can buy threaded tops to replace the original tops, It is just a case of removing the original and fitting the threaded ones, a slight tap in will fix them in place, If the threaded tops will not fit, another option is to buy a couple of cheap banksticks, remove the threaded insert from them, drill tops in seatbox legs to suit size of insert, fit insert with araldite to hold in place.

Nnighteelff

Reaction score
Nice 1 thanks for the reply, I think they are 25mm legs. Hopefully the caps will be easy enough to remove as I have seen the inserts for sale but can't remember if for 25 or 30mm legs.

Thanks tho appreciate it.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
My grandson has the Daiwa 75 seatbox, that has 25mm legs, the caps should come off fairly easy,
I was getting gear ready earlier for fishing tomorrow, and I tried a Preston Innovations quick release insert from a snaplock accessory block on top of the leg on grandsons box, I didn't remove the cap off the leg, but I reckon if you buy a pack of 2 inserts,and profile the chamfered edges a little more they will tap into the top of a 25mm leg.
The correct inserts for legs that Preston do are for 30mm and 36mm legs not 25mm, that is why I mentioned the snaplock ones, The tourney 250 box you are getting has 25mm legs if I remember correctly.