Rubber baits question.

Reaction score
Bingo,first cast 9-14,smallest fish of the three,when I landed it I only thought it was 7lbs,chunky beggar...:)

iain t

Reaction score
Never caught anything on fake bait, so i gave up. Say that my son uses the fake stuff with good results.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Have you considered hair rigging a fake maggot? The presentation is brilliant and obviously the hair avoids the Chub and little buggers. I use this to avoid the silvers when fishing a local pond for Tench.

Reaction score
Tried it several times with no success,other than one 2-5 perch(think it had a white stick),also one day I ended up changing(after watching fish feeding but not taking the fake stuff)back to live maggot and caught...

theartist

Reaction score
I've used fake hemp, used to dip it in the juice of the real stuff every cast - Caught a few fish but the majority said "Yeah right" as they turned away last minute

Same with rubber maggot, used it to avoid small stuff in big bunches on the basis there would still be something on the hook at the end of the trot but on it's lonesome it don't do too well.

Caught plenty of carp off the top using just a cork ball though among mixer

It's very interesting watching the fish turn their noses up at our poor attempts at deceiving them and it's safe to say some species have better eyesight than others who rely on smell or feel

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
I’ve tried hair rigged maggot clips and tbh all that I achieved was squished maggot. Found it impossible to close the ring without smushing at least half of them.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
You can catch on rubber and other fake baits . . . . . theonly warning I’d offer is not to use them for loose feeding as it gets bloomingexpensive . . . . ;)