It is not just Canoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Firstly I haven't accused you of anything if you care to read what I posted before getting indignant you would have seen that I said "it would appear" .

I have read all of your and others post on this thread and there seems to be some contradiction in your posts about fish welfare, perhaps I am mistaken but it seems to me that your posts have changed over the thread in order to appease some and attack others.

Symantics.

You are throwing some strong words about here like appease and attack.
You are correct you are mistaken.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
I guess you wouldn't have seen the carnage after matches on the river Severn where Barbel were kept in keep nets for hours.

When I fished the relief channel for Zander lots of my baits were collected from the surface after a match had finished.

And i have seen loads of fish returned after matches with no Carnage involved at all.

If there was all this carnage there would soon be no fish left.

It's just one type of angler criticizing another as usual.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Someone must be bored. This thread smacks of trolling and a petty vendetta to me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
And i have seen loads of fish returned after matches with no Carnage involved at all.

If there was all this carnage there would soon be no fish left.

It's just one type of angler criticizing another as usual.

I don't see where I have criticised any type of angler I have posted what I have seen, if you choose not to believe it so be it.

My take on fish welfare as an angler that recognises that in order to carry out our sport we damage our quarry but and this is the important bit to me, anglers need to show some respect to our quarry and treat them as best they can, leaving fish gasping in order to satisfy an ego imo doesn't do that its to much about the angler and not the fish.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are others that would say you could have done that without having to go fishing and you were only doing for your benefit not the fish.
They wouldn't see it as fish welfare.

Artist cleared up because he quite obviously cares about the river and what resides in and around it.
I've no idea wether your takin' the urine or if you just have a bad uncaring attitude?

Last edited:

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
My take on fish welfare as an angler that recognises that in order to carry out our sport we damage our quarry but and this is the important bit to me, anglers need to show some respect to our quarry and treat them as best they can, leaving fish gasping in order to satisfy an ego imo doesn't do that its to much about the angler and not the fish.

Couldn't agree more.
The first 2 lines are what i have been saying all along but some people won't admit to it.

Last edited:

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Someone must be bored. This thread smacks of trolling and a petty vendetta to me.

Another one throwing nasty words around.
Who is doing the trolling or who has a petty vendetta or is it just an easy word to use when you don't agree with someone.
As for me i am only replying when someone has quoted me.

B

binka

Time to pull the plug on this one I think!

I hereby declare that I only ever use a keepnet to save time knocking fish on the head at the end of a session :eek:mg:

Only joking, of course, I never knock fish on the head...

I just stamp on 'em :eek: ;) :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You have no idea who I am so don't start slagging me off.
By the way the words are spelt whether and taking.

Why should I care who you are, I don't.
I never slagged you off either, I said I think you have a bad attitude.

By the way, I spelled those words like that purposely, thought that was pretty obvious!

Last edited:
O

O.C.F.Disorder

Anyone here who said that they have never dropped a fish would be lying. As long as you learn from it, thats what matters, you would think a specimen angler would know better.

I have cleared many swims but I cant say I have done it for the fish.

Steve2, I have never seen someone call out another member for their poor spelling or the like.. Shame on you.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here who said that they have never dropped a fish would be lying. As long as you learn from it, thats what matters, you would thing a specimen angler would know better.

I have cleared many swims but I cant say I have done it for the fish.

Steve2, I have never seen someone call out another member for their poor spelling or the like.. Shame on you.

If that's all he can find to pull me up on i'm ok with that, spelling has always been a downfall of mine lol.

theartist

Reaction score
Chill dudes, everyone's missing the real culprit in all this - The tennis guy, if he wasn't causing waves behind the Tench angler then that video wouldn't have been posted in the first place

Greg Rudejetski :D

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am not a camera buff but wouldn'tit be better in TV programmes they took their camera shot then put the fish back. They can keep the camera shot on the screen in a separate frame and waffle as much as they like then. It has annoyed me in the past watching someone holding the fish to camera while endlessly waffling on about the fish, surely with modern cameras and editing they could do it better.

bezzer

Reaction score

No, this thread smacks of moderators letting long standing members abuse and belittle other posters. The usual suspects spewing their hateful bile yet again.
We all know who the offenders are in this and they get away with the same thing over and over again. If they disagree with someone, they get into their little gang and have a go. It's quite pathetic.
A public Forum is for everyone. We sign up and agree to the rules. We're not all going to agree with each other; which is healthy for debate, but when certain members start bullying and belittling others, it's pathetic. The moderators seem afraid of rocking the boat and act like cowards.

Here come my ban :)

O

O.C.F.Disorder

We are all big boys here and if you dont like the conversation in a thread you can just leave and/or block people. Nothing especially nasty was said just some childish one uping. Get a grip son, this is the internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.