It is not just Canoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it was payback for holding the tench up for so long while he gobbed off.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bet you have a crisis of conscience every time you catch a fish

When I catch a fish I don't hold it out the water while I have a conversation with a camera. Surely it's common sense to show the fish to the camera first, then put the fish back and then talk to the camera!
It's not just that fella, it seems to be a common thing among these wannabe film stars.

B

binka

When I catch a fish I don't hold it out the water while I have a conversation with a camera. Surely it's common sense to show the fish to the camera first, then put the fish back and then talk to the camera!
It's not just that fella, it seems to be a common thing among these wannabe film stars.

I remember watching John Wilson doing just that with a Wye caught Barbel on what looked like a blazing hot day, even showing it off to some passing paddlers before giving it the old line...

'Let's get this one straight back' or words to that effect :confused:

Matt Hayes also bugged me for doing the same thing, going off like a scratched record to tell you all about the species he'd caught.

It's all very Victorian to my mind...

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember watching John Wilson doing just that with a Wye caught Barbel on what looked like a blazing hot day, even showing it off to some passing paddlers before giving it the old line...

'Let's get this one straight back' :confused:

Matt Hayes also bugged me for doing the same thing, going off like a scratched record to tell you all about the species he'd caught.

It's all very Victorian to my mind...

I remember Wilson was a total scrote for doing that, he'd gob off for ages and then come out with that line "lets get him back straight away" :eek:mg:. I can remember being on edge watching the fish gasping for air while he talked shyte!
As I said they all seem to think it's ok to do it, that scrote Robson Greens an absolute **** for doing it. I'd like to hold his head in a bucket of water for the same length of time he holds the fish up to the camera and see if he's still concious when I pulled his head out, if he was shuv his head back in lol.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
A lot of people are doing free video's on you tube for us to watch of varying skill levels.
I think a bit of encouragement would not go amiss instead of constant moaning about " wannabe film stars ".

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people are doing free video's on you tube for us to watch of varying skill levels.
I think a bit of encouragement would not go amiss instead of constant moaning about " wannabe film stars ".

Lol, free videos you say....they do it because if they get enough subscribers and hits they start making money......surely you know that :rolleyes:.
Another reason is because they like being the centre of attention

A lot of these videos are promoting bad fish handling skills etc etc.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I have been keeping up with mark erdwin for a while now and I have never had an issue with his fish care. He cares deeply about fish and treats them with the utmost respect.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well said.
Some people seem to have a real problem with tv or video's on fishing but still watch them.
I guess it's just to pick fault whether warranted or not.

I don't think any angler would have a problem with a video on angling if the fish where treated as they should be.
As far as i'm concerned my comments on the video are correct. If the chap had done his talking to the camera after he'd released the fish then his video would be ok.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
I don't think any angler would have a problem with a video on angling if the fish where treated as they should be.
As far as i'm concerned my comments on the video are correct. If the chap had done his talking to the camera after he'd released the fish then his video would be ok.

If you are so concerned about the welfare of fish then why go fishing? or is it just your take on what is fish welfare.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you are so concerned about the welfare of fish then why go fishing? or is it just your take on what is fish welfare.

No, not my take on it, just common sense. Fish can't breath out of the water so once caught it makes sense to get them back in it asap, not hold them up to a camera whilst spouting a surmon ffs.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
You seem to have a problem with any fishing programme or video in one way or another and with the people making them.
It makes me wonder why you keep watching.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You really are borin the cr@p outt'a me ffs :bored:

steve2

Reaction score
Here we go again with the old fish welfare issue.
If you look on the "How did you get on" pages fish are always out of the water so the angler can pose with them.
Don't tell me you have never done it.
May be we should not allow pictures of fish on this website on fish welfare grounds

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
You really are borin the cr@p outt'a me ffs :bored:

Thanks for the well thought out intelligent reply.
When you have an opinion on everything you can expect to get questioned on some of them but you obviously don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.