River Medway (Nursery Area)

tomino2112

Reaction score
The only river somewhat close to me is the Medway. Not the most exciting of rivers but nevertheless it gets me out.

I have been happily fishing the Yalding, East Farleigh, Allington and other stretches. While searching for info about where I might bump into bigger Perch this Autumn I have found this:

https://www.kentandessex-ifca.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/KEIFCA-authority-to-make-byelaw.pdf

Anyone has any info about this? Apparently it is from 2005

AND does anyone know if Medway holds any big-ish perch?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to your link this ban has been in force since 2015 and not 2005, it relates to the estuary of the Medway and includes no digging for bait.

tomino2112

Reaction score
According to your link this ban has been in force since 2015 and not 2005, it relates to the estuary of the Medway and includes no digging for bait.

There was many documents preceding to this, not sure if I was thinking of another one or messed up the numbers.

I dont really understand, does it mean it os forbidden to fish on Medway?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I’ve already stated the ban covers an area of the estuary between Upnor to Elphinstone point, Grain. Although the ban includes every form of fishing I suspect this is mainly aimed at commercial fishing.

Plenty on Google if you wish to learn more.