River Perch Advice.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

If you want to pop a worm up just inject air into it

ian g

Reaction score
I enjoy float fishing which is my main motivation , I do tip fish occasionally using a light tip rod and normally just one or two swan shot as a link ledger. Much of my float fishing is laying on , I find perch seem to prefer a static bait but I do move the bait quite often just lifting the rod and letting the float settle again , this seems to provoke takes often enough to make it worth doing. I do sometimes just let the bait drift around a slack but mostly it's laying on . I suppose it's just personal preference for me a mate of mine uses a light bomb rod mainly and does well so it's horses for courses . I have tried pop up worms but mainly on still waters , I think rivers have enough current to moe a worm a little anyway but it must be worth a try just to see if it works. Thanks for asking questions it makes me think about my methods and why I do things .

B

binka

And would there be any advantage to a ledgered worm popped up off the bottom with say a little red poly ball?

I'm convinced that a paternostered worm, in enough current to prevent it from falling to the bottom, would do well and I intend to put this persistent thought into practice much more this Winter.

A good way of presenting an off bottom bait at a fixed depth in good currents and they do say that a good Barbel swim often makes for a good Perch swim and this is something I've found rings true...