Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Specimen float rod

I was looking at a greys txl specimen float rod ... seems quite nice

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I caught loads of tench on my titan 2000,some pretty good ones too,but I wouldn't use it in a tight situation,that's why I mention the specimen match,I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a hole surrounded by solid weed,wouldn't want to put your Avenger through that on 6lb mono...but if you've done so and it's up to the job,great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I caught loads of tench on my titan 2000,some pretty good ones too,but I wouldn't use it in a tight situation,that's why I mention the specimen match,I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a hole surrounded by solid weed,wouldn't want to put your Avenger through that on 6lb mono...but if you've done so and it's up to the job,great stuff.
    Yeah Alan, the avenger is great for it, it's rated for 8lb mono same as your specimen rod. If I remember rightly, isn't the specimen float 12ft 9 or 10 ?

Blog Entries

12-9 I think,I got mine after years of looking and yes it is rated to 8lb.Are you on about the Avenger 2000 Ian???

12-9 I think,I got mine after years of looking and yes it is rated to 8lb.Are you on about the Avenger 2000 Ian???

I have had a waggle of the specimen float a few years back, nice rod!
    I've had the 2000, 3000's and settled with the first of the mkII range. All those ranges had the same line ratings, the avengers where all 8lb, I think the titans where 6lb and the microlites 4lb.

Blog Entries

Can't remember that far back,lol.

Can't remember that far back,lol.
    There's a number of nice power float rods really as i've no doubt you know most of 'em. Have you ever seen or hhandled the drennan im8 specimen float rod? They are fantastic rods and just as slim as the acolytes. They have treble legged fuji guides and are very light. They're 12ft 9inches long, no idea why that length but I do know it works a treat.
    Then there are the drennan tench rods, I tried out most of them and my favourite, the one I kept is the super tench, again it is 12ft 9inches long?
    As with all my stepped up match rods i've used those two for tench and barbel fishing and they're excellent. You very rarely see the im8 specimen float rod for sale but you do see the super tench coming up on ebay often enough to acquire a decent one.

The drennan acrolyte plus seems a stepped up float rod for comercial carp and other bigger species

Or what is wrong with the series 7 pellet or carp waggler rods ? Reel lines to 7 lb it states ... noticed acrotytes are no way cheap ! £180

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I use a Daiwa SR3 13' power waggler, it is discontinued now but there should be some available on the net, I think the td Daiwa waggler rod replaced it, going by the price,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast