Specimen float rod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I simply haven’t caught enough tench and Crucians to give an expert opinion but have to say my Drennan 7 series Puddle Chucker pellet waggler rod is the most versatile rod I own, enough finesse to enjoy landing smaller fish but with enough power to handle carp into double figures.

I have more confidence in its robustness than my more expensive Acolyte rods.

mikench

Reaction score
Drennan 7 series Puddle Chucker pellet waggler rod is the most versatile rod I own

An underrated rod! I have one and I had forgotten and it remained unused for a long time! Mine is 10' and is great for tight swims and is the only rod I keep made up in its bag!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
An underrated rod! I have one and I had forgotten and it remained unused for a long time! Mine is 10' and is great for tight swims and is the only rod I keep made up in its bag!

The seriies 7 rods are a range of rods I just dislike. I had a pair of the avon quivers and sold them after only using one on one occassion.
I disliked pretty much everything about 'em if i'm honest.
I am a drennan fan but I think they're the worst rods drennan have put their name to.....jmo gents so don't be getting yer underkecks in a twist lol.

davebhoy

Reaction score
The seriies 7 rods are a range of rods I just dislike. I had a pair of the avon quivers and sold them after only using one on one occassion.
I disliked pretty much everything about 'em if i'm honest.
I am a drennan fan but I think they're the worst rods drennan have put their name to.....jmo gents so don't be getting yer underkecks in a twist lol.

I’m with you on the series 7 Avon quivers - I have a pair of the 1.25tc and I’ll be changing them soon.

mikench

Reaction score
I am relaxed! The rod S63 and I have and like is a float rod and to my limited abilities and stoic sensibilities it's a pretty good rod ; so there!!:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am relaxed! The rod S63 and I have and like is a float rod and to my limited abilities and stoic sensibilities it's a pretty good rod ; so there!!:rolleyes:

I've never used one of the rods you have Mike but I have held them and like all the other series 7 rods I dislike em.
You know what, I just remembered I had a 13ft series 7 float rod about 15yrs ago! I used it for trotting and I didn't like it so it was sold on. Just shows how long the series 7 rods have been out ?...i'd forgot all about that one lol.

edsurf

Reaction score
so what were you not impressed with, i have the series 7 tench and specimen I use for barbel and chub trotting and its a very good rod, i also use acolyte and match pro ultralight , but depends what I am fishing for. my tench rod performed beautiful mid river with a nice Wye barbel on the end and a dozen Avon chub around the five pound mark. suppose its how you use them and if they feel right in your hand , We are all different and some rods just do not feel right to some people .

daniel121

Reaction score
I've just made the school boy error of replying to a thread and not noticing there are another 4 full pages of content. Ignore me... Silly old fool lol