Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cage Feeders

Default Re: Cage Feeders

Quote Originally Posted by David Rogers 3 View Post
    I'm getting increasingly fed up with losing the tops of my Drennan oval cage feeders because the silly little soft metal tabs that fix the cage to the base have broken. Drennan tackle is usually well-designed and robust, but the design of these items seems to be flawed.

The Preston equivalents appear to be fixed at each end with just one solid tab instead of four small bendy ones. Before I buy a load of these to replace the last few Drennans, I'd be interested to know what other forum members recommend...
    Ive been having similar problems with them and sometimes when I'm not banging them out

I'm pleased it isn't just me, then!

Have a look at the website of FEEDERLANDS LTD . Several different sizes. Extremely good quality at a very reasonable price. I doubt you could break these.

Those look good, John - I've already ordered some Korum feeders, but have bookmarked that page for future reference!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rogers 3 View Post
    Those look good, John - I've already ordered some Korum feeders, but have bookmarked that page for future reference!
    I use them and I am a clumsy s*d and have not managed to break one.

6. Default Re: Cage Feeders

Interesting - a few years ago I always used Drennan feeders in particular the oval blockends for sessions on the Ribble. Suddenly I started getting all the problems highlighted above and judging by the number of such feeders that I've found cracked up on the river bank so have others. These days I stick to Kamasan black caps.

I make my own feeders out of hair curlers, lead flashing, shrink tube and large rubber O rings. Got an assortment on eBay at the moment.
    Last edited by John Keane; 08-11-2018 at 13:31.

8. Default Re: Cage Feeders

Forgot to add that the River Ribble is for the most part a swimfeeder consuming monster (in my experience) so therefore you need items that will take some hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by fred hall View Post
    Forgot to add that the River Ribble is for the most part a swimfeeder consuming monster (in my experience) so therefore you need items that will take some hammer.
    ...or home-made ones that only cost you pennies to lose?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Have a look at the website of FEEDERLANDS LTD . Several different sizes. Extremely good quality at a very reasonable price. I doubt you could break these.
    John,this is the OP's perfect site,not mine however,I'm not sure what the plus points are with a cage feeder,against a plastic tube style feeder that is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast