Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Air pressure and it's affect on fish.

Air pressure effect: there are too many factors to make a single conclusion, such as season, targeted fish, time of day, etc. No relevance, but I have noticed that you see more silt bubbles in low air pressure - sad I know - perhaps I should concentrate more on actual catching!

Apologies for being off-subject but the moon definitely effects fishing - even during the day.

Ah but Peter,would it stop you going,wouldn't me,if I'm going I can't be assed with worrying about all of it,I just go,fish against the conditions and catch,or not,whatever.

Try this for conditions including air pressure, give it time to warm up. Its more about which species, its always good to try whatever the conditions.
    https://fishingweathergb.yolasite.com/

4. Default Re: Air pressure and it's affect on fish.

I have to be honest,I've kept records myself and can't see a pattern.The old adage of high pressure with fish high in the water ,and low,low in the water seems to hold true,but feeding patterns seem a little less predictable.That's the beauty of fishing I suppose.Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Dave View Post
    When did the fish hatch, their star sign might be a factor.
    Don't start getting serious Dave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    In my view prevailing water temperatures and wind directions are more relevant than air pressure; although air pressure can be a good indicator to coming weather changes.
    Yes Keith, as I've mentioned before hydrostatic pressure is much more intense than air pressure due to water being considerably denser than air. So, if a fish changes its depth even a couple of feet up or down it will go through more of a pressure change in seconds than any of us will ever experience on dry land. Therefore, how could the barometric pressure above the surface affect a fish that goes through equal to a surface pressure change if they move only a few inches up, or down in the water............

I'm not too sure of the answer though...............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    When you ask me what I am doing today and I say 'nothing' it does not mean that I am free. It means that I am doing nothing........

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Ah but Peter,would it stop you going,wouldn't me,if I'm going I can't be assed with worrying about all of it,I just go,fish against the conditions and catch,or not,whatever.
    Whitty, I'm the same as you, no it doesn't stop me going. Too old to stop now - when you gotta go you gotta go!!! The only thing that very occasionally stops me going is the wife - she is more sensible!!!

A friend of mine as recently started to log his pike catches in a chart against air pressure readings. It will be interesting to see if his catches are better than mine, I just go when I can.
    There are various studies on the net and in books about air pressure and fish catches none really conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjg View Post
    Whitty, I'm the same as you, no it doesn't stop me going. Too old to stop now - when you gotta go you gotta go!!! The only thing that very occasionally stops me going is the wife - she is more sensible!!!
    Nah,I just put my fingers in my ears and sing loudly 'lah,lah,lah,le ,lah',another thing,never admit the wife is more sensible,not to other people anyway....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12