4mm pellets method feeder

Mrnab

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has already been asked before, but any recommendation on soaking 4mm pellets? i tried 4 mins and left them quite a while but they still seem to be quite hard. The pellets in question are Dt baits berry bubble.

mikench

Reaction score
I much prefer 2mm pellets for the method feeder ! By all means add a few larger pellets but a mix of just larger pellets is too much as we descend into winter and the water cools!

Mrnab

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i would usually use micros but as i already have these fancied giving them a go

Reaction score
Mate try leaving them longer,just a few,you may have to try several times until you achieve the right texture,each pellet will vary,some drastically more than others...

sagalout

Reaction score
I suspect the pellets in question are a very slow breakdown time and are not really suitable for the method, they would be better feed dry through a cage feeder with plugged ends.

daniel121

Reaction score
Pellets vary so much from batch to batch it's hard to give a solid answer, I buy my pellets in bulk do a little test first and from the results of this I know how to mix the rest of the 25kg bag

davebhoy

Reaction score
I use Sonubaits Fin Perfect Stiki Method Pellets. A bit more expensive but perfect for someone who can't be bothered with the hassle, like me

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I like to use Marukyu pellets and mix them, ¾ 2mm and ¼ or less 4mm. (They're ready in just a few minutes.) That's only because someone suggested to me that the fish won't get too fussy then about size. I don't know if that's true still, but it costs no more.
YouTube
If you like those Berry Bubble (? never heard of them) try using warmer water. Before all of these 'sticki' pellets came out it was an old trick to scald the pellets with boiling water and then mix in some betaine or other groundbait until you got the right consistency.

rayner

Reaction score
If I was using 4mm pellets I would opt for a pellet feeder rather than a flat bed inline, if they are troublesome to soften use them hard with a GB plug

Mrnab

Reaction score
I suspect the pellets in question are a very slow breakdown time and are not really suitable for the method, they would be better feed dry through a cage feeder with plugged ends.

I've suspected that and had another go with them and don't seem to be having a lot of luck so i won't be using them

John Keane

Reaction score
Preston and Marukyu do sticky pellets in various sizes, although I think Marukyu have ceased trading in the UK?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Marukyu have either ceased trading or are ceasing trading next year in the UK, Go outdoors have plenty of Marukyu groundbait and pellet in at the moment, I use Preston 2mm sticky pellets and have found them to be ok,

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Anyone remember Silly Bait pellets and groundbait ? apparently it had to be taken off the market due to something about the ingredients in them, They were brilliant pellets, just give them a squeeze and hook them, use straight from the bag.

John Keane

Reaction score
Marukyu have either ceased trading or are ceasing trading next year in the UK, Go outdoors have plenty of Marukyu groundbait and pellet in at the moment, I use Preston 2mm sticky pellets and have found them to be ok,

I find the Marukyu pellets far too sticky and I haven’t used the Prestons. My favourites are the Ringers Method Micros and they couldn’t be simpler to prepare and use.