Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4mm pellets method feeder

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked before, but any recommendation on soaking 4mm pellets? i tried 4 mins and left them quite a while but they still seem to be quite hard. The pellets in question are Dt baits berry bubble.

Default Re: 4mm pellets method feeder

I much prefer 2mm pellets for the method feeder ! By all means add a few larger pellets but a mix of just larger pellets is too much as we descend into winter and the water cools!

Thanks for the reply, i would usually use micros but as i already have these fancied giving them a go

Blog Entries

Mate try leaving them longer,just a few,you may have to try several times until you achieve the right texture,each pellet will vary,some drastically more than others...

I suspect the pellets in question are a very slow breakdown time and are not really suitable for the method, they would be better feed dry through a cage feeder with plugged ends.

Pellets vary so much from batch to batch it's hard to give a solid answer, I buy my pellets in bulk do a little test first and from the results of this I know how to mix the rest of the 25kg bag
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

I use Sonubaits Fin Perfect Stiki Method Pellets. A bit more expensive but perfect for someone who can't be bothered with the hassle, like me

Blog Entries

I like to use Marukyu pellets and mix them, ¾ 2mm and ¼ or less 4mm. (They're ready in just a few minutes.) That's only because someone suggested to me that the fish won't get too fussy then about size. I don't know if that's true still, but it costs no more.

If you like those Berry Bubble (? never heard of them) try using warmer water. Before all of these 'sticki' pellets came out it was an old trick to scald the pellets with boiling water and then mix in some betaine or other groundbait until you got the right consistency.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries

If I was using 4mm pellets I would opt for a pellet feeder rather than a flat bed inline, if they are troublesome to soften use them hard with a GB plug

Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    I suspect the pellets in question are a very slow breakdown time and are not really suitable for the method, they would be better feed dry through a cage feeder with plugged ends.
    I've suspected that and had another go with them and don't seem to be having a lot of luck so i won't be using them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast