Red letter days.

caught any mate

Reaction score
Anybody else get bored of catching when you can't do anything wrong.You know, when a bad cast gets you the biggest fish of the day etc.They don't come round often,but I like to analyse the day and try to work out how I could have done better.

Reaction score
I did when fishing commercials,not on natural waters,just doesn't happen so often and usually it's about not just the fish feeding well,but you getting it pretty well right,so a satisfying feeling.

rayner

Reaction score
I've never thought of anything being a red letter day.
Just a good day or not, either way I still enjoy my time spent by the water.
I find it very easy to have more good days. I fish the two finest fisheries locally, if I can get into a flyer more the better.

mikench

Reaction score
I too have yet to have a day like that! A half hour in a day if I'm lucky! Steady Eddie that's me!!:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have had quite a few what I regard as red letter days. I suppose a red letter day on one persons waters may be a run of the mill session on the waters another angler fishes.
My best ever day for barbel whilst trotting was 43 which I would say went from about 5lb to round about 10lb. I had a fair few decent chub mixed in with them, a good few dace and a sprinkling of trout on top lol. That session was was from midday on a really hot sunny day in the height of summer to about 6pm.

That summer I had lots of days getting close to that one also, it was just a really good ( for me) summers fishing.

Reaction score
I found a bag of photos in the spare room,fish everywhere and the worst of it is there were many days when I didn't take a picture,more than when I did,also many snaps of barbel had no weight written on the back and I can remember many,not to the ounce,but many were good fish,especially back then,memories eh...

carpinbob

Reaction score
Only happened once about 8 years ago started quite not a bite on the waggler then suddenly everything went crazy ended up catching over 30 carp . Went the following week couldn’t catch.