Shakespeare Tackle

silvers

Reaction score
What negative comments, is being curious wether a new name is part of a bigger company a negative comment or insinuation?

If your gonn'a make comparisons with politics then your talking how the lefty harris holes do when lying about a certain right winger!

You've made up insinuations about me and posted them as though they're fact, when in reality you have zero knowlage of what I think of Robins, cadance or ewt else :eek:mg:.

I am, by my own admission, a bit of a know-all.
But you really take the Biscuit ...
I suggest you review your own posting history ... particularly any threads on cadence rods, YouTube videos or fishing tackle companies.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am, by my own admission, a bit of a know-all.
But you really take the Biscuit ...
I suggest you review your own posting history ... particularly any threads on cadence rods, YouTube videos or fishing tackle companies.

So I don't like fish being left out on the bank in a net while someone stands there talking shyte while they gasp for air when there's no need to do it.

Silvers, are people not entiled to an opinion?
Are you that far up your own rectum that you think everyone should agree with you and a few others?

rob48

Reaction score
So I don't like fish being left out on the bank in a net while someone stands there talking shyte while they gasp for air when there's no need to do it.

Are you that far up your own rectum that you think everyone should agree with you and a few others?

Are people entitled to an opinion on kit they haven't used?

Keith M

Reaction score
:D
and anglers like yourself who try pushing a product down other peoples necks won't exactly encourage others to purchase the stuff.

like a certain line beginning with ‘S’ that your constantly raving on about Ian? :wh

Im only kidding Ian :smile:

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
like a certain line beginning with ‘S’ that your constantly raving on about Ian? :wh

Im only kidding Ian :smile:

Keith

I know you are Keith....bit like you a pro gold then :p ;).

Reaction score
So getting away from the angst:wh,Shimano are responsible for the destruction of Normark,with all the sh!te rods they've turned out,christ...:eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
My entirely unfair dislike of Shakespeare tackle is well documented. Unfortunately, in their early to mid eighties heydey, I was a youngster. Shakespeare was the ubiquitous brand. Whilst I'd have killed for a President rod, I had to make do with Omni. The Omni rod was just about Ok, the reel was abysmal. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven once I had enough money to buy Shimano reels and Daiwa rods in the early nineties. I've not touched anything Shakespeare since. However, I did toy with the prospect of a Mach 3 rod, just to see what the fuss was. Unfortunately, on handling them, I didn't really believe they were going to be equal to, or better than, stuff I already owned.

sam vimes

Reaction score
So getting away from the angst:wh,Shimano are responsible for the destruction of Normark,with all the sh!te rods they've turned out,christ...:eek:mg:

As far as I'm aware, Shimano have never used the Normark brand name on any item of tackle since they acquired it. Always puzzled me as to why they bothered.

silvers

Reaction score

I really shouldn’t be humouring you ... but anyway ...you’ll find that i’m Very open minded and have found different approaches work in different situations and for different people.
I’m rarely dogmatic unless it’s a point of provable fact.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another manufacturer/company name that seemed to die a death was silstar. I had a match ros and a quivertip rod of theirs many years ago and they where really good rods. I've no idea what weight the match rod was but it felt light in my hand and it had a slim blank with a cracking action.
Anyone know what happened to the silstar brand?

rob48

Reaction score
Didn't it have some tie up with DAM or another german firm and then went bust?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Another manufacturer/company name that seemed to die a death was silstar. I had a match ros and a quivertip rod of theirs many years ago and they where really good rods. I've no idea what weight the match rod was but it felt light in my hand and it had a slim blank with a cracking action.
Anyone know what happened to the silstar brand?
The brand may have died here in UK, but the company, Silver Star Rod Company, is Korean and still makes some excellent tackle. I had a Leeda Blue Diamond rod given me for a review in a magazine and gave it a spiffing write-up since it was a really good quality rod with excellent Seymo rod rings on it. I found out a few years later that the blank was made by Silver Star. I still have the rod although not used these days, it's 13ft and I tend to use shorter ones or 15fters now. Maybe ...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interesting stuff, I had no idea silstar was a Korean company.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
My entirely unfair dislike of Shakespeare tackle is well documented. Unfortunately, in their early to mid eighties heydey, I was a youngster. Shakespeare was the ubiquitous brand. Whilst I'd have killed for a President rod, I had to make do with Omni. The Omni rod was just about Ok, the reel was abysmal. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven once I had enough money to buy Shimano reels and Daiwa rods in the early nineties. I've not touched anything Shakespeare since. However, I did toy with the prospect of a Mach 3 rod, just to see what the fuss was. Unfortunately, on handling them, I didn't really believe they were going to be equal to, or better than, stuff I already owned.

same experience I had growing up with Shakespeare tackle, Omni reels were awful I think my first one cost something like £3.99 fully loaded withy piano wire for line!

mikench

Reaction score
To remain off topic I reiterate I like James Robbins and consider him to be a fine angler! I will buy a Cadence product sometime!

Back on topic I rate my Shakespeare rods highly being well made and great value for money! I still use an ugli stick for light spinning in the sea off rocks and breakwaters!

flightliner

Reaction score
The brand may have died here in UK, but the company, Silver Star Rod Company, is Korean and still makes some excellent tackle. I had a Leeda Blue Diamond rod given me for a review in a magazine and gave it a spiffing write-up since it was a really good quality rod with excellent Seymo rod rings on it. I found out a few years later that the blank was made by Silver Star. I still have the rod although not used these days, it's 13ft and I tend to use shorter ones or 15fters now. Maybe ...
Interesting Geoff , my go to stick float rod is a Leeds Blue Diamand in a 13'-9" mode.
I've had it since the early nineties .
I think it cost me around £60 , I rate it very highly.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To remain off topic I reiterate I like James Robbins and consider him to be a fine angler! I will buy a Cadence product sometime!

Back off topic again, being serious, I can't say I would never buy anything from them as you never know what they will produce, maybe something I like?
Looking at their current offerrings i'm not tempted at all.
They've obviously thought about where to place their prices, just above the cheaper ranges and just below the begining of the higher end gear.

nottskev

Reaction score
Interesting Geoff , my go to stick float rod is a Leeds Blue Diamand in a 13'-9" mode.
I've had it since the early nineties .
I think it cost me around £60 , I rate it very highly.

I didn't have one, buy I remember when they were out and well regarded. It seemed to be one of those cases where a rod maker come up with something that's unexpectedly good and head and shoulders above anything else they make. Silstar gear was often a pleasant surprise for those who actually used it, as opposed to thinking it must be inferior to the pricier options. I've just bought, for a song, a near mint DAM Quickstick from the mid 80's. I loved the first one I had back then, but I never saw another DAM rod I fancied, which is not to say there weren't any good ones.

silvers

Reaction score
IIRC - one of the reasons that the DAM Quickstick was so good was that Ian Heaps had a big hand in the design.