River bream in Midlands

G

Gary Wilson

Fellas,

Can anyone suggest a stretch of river in the Midlands - I dont mind driving 50 miles or so...(I live just outside Birmingham), where I can go and catch a few bream?

Cheers,

Gary

brummie

Reaction score
I haven,t the foggiest nowadays, so I,ll be watching this with interest. It would be nice to go out and have a session or two after them on a river.

tight lines

Ian /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Alan Campbell

Reaction score
Plenty of options down here in Oxford Gary. There's the Thames at Medley. Neil McKinnon had 209lb this season in a match. The Thames at Donnington and also at Clifton Hampden have large shoals of bream. Permits are cheap as chips. More info go to www.littlemoreanglingsociety.co.uk

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The Severn is stuffed with bream with the best areas being the lower Severn say from Worcester down and they can run very big too and plenty of shoal bream on the Avon around Evesham and below but not normally of specimen size. Despite all you hear, bream aren't quite so easy as some would have us believe and they respond to plenty of feed and groundbait especially on the lower Severn, I have caught quite a few around the 5 - 7lb range with pellets meant for barbel. Lower Lode (Tewkesbury) has some big shoals resident and a matchmans approach of groundbait feeder is all that is required.

slime monster

Reaction score
I endorse Grahams info , It is decades since i fished the lower severn in them days it was bream you targeted and i am glad to here they are still there, Upton on severn is a venue i did well at for bream.

G

Gary Wilson

Cheers chaps, I will check them out. I did find a nice stretch on the lower Severn a couple of seasons ago from the BAA book, but when I started fishing the farmer went mental and kicked me off saying the BAA hadnt had it for years! I think its still in the book now...dont get me started!

Those stretches in Oxford look nice..