Ok,.it's obvious,but what did santa bring you.

seth49

Reaction score
Thats so sad. As you brought it to light may I intrude and ask what I am sure others are wondering? Does that impinge on other things or just Christmas?
Yes birthdays as well, they don’t do them either, what gets me is the fact that it’s the best attended church around,
Stupid thing is, she has a condition called Myola which will turn into leukaemia eventually, and because of her religious beliefs she won’t have blood transfusions.which could either save her or prolong her life,stupid or what.

She would sooner die first.

Reaction score
Yes birthdays as well, they don’t do them either, what gets me is the fact that it’s the best attended church around,
Stupid thing is, she has a condition called Myola which will turn into leukaemia eventually, and because of her religious beliefs she won’t have blood transfusions.which could either save her or prolong her life,stupid or what.

She would sooner die first.

How very,very sad,for you and for her...

mikench

Reaction score
It must be very difficult for you Seth! To be honest I do not know how you put up with it!

This is not a critique of your wife in particular but more a harsh critique of religious types in general particularly converts either to religion or from one to another!

Most religions teach, hypothetically, love to all men, patience and understanding! However the zealous adherent to most religions expects you to fully accept and symphasise with their beliefs but will not tolerate yours! Hypocritical in my book!

If er indoors became religious I would go fishing everyday!!!!:rolleyes:

seth49

Reaction score
Well she’s got her religion, and I’ve got my fishing,so long as one of us doesn’t try to stop the other doing what they want, I can live with it, she’s made her choice, and while I don’t agree with it, it’s her decision.

We’ve a good relationship to be honest, and we are happy enough together, Christmas is a strain, it isn’t what it was, and I do miss that, but mostly we’re fine.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
My wife appeared thrilled to bits with her new vacuum cleaner, but all I got was the usual boring fishing rod. A new light spinner rod from Sonik, it was about all I could think of what I needed. :( Maybe a reel for it for my birthday. :)

rich66

Reaction score
On the fishing front I got some bodied waggles and am amazon voucher which I’ve spent on a fishing book. One of my sons went mad and bought me a Rotary watch. Quite a few other gift vouchers money etc which will convert into “needed” fishing gear.

Karlinho

Reaction score
20181226_131344.jpg
Used my christmas gifts today.

silvers

Reaction score
I have find memories of catching chub in the snow in the harsher winters of the early 1980s .... I didn't seem to feel the cold so much when I was a teenager!

Santa brought me four bargain books from Coch y Bonndu that I'm looking forward to getting through:
Martin Bowler - a fish for all seasons and Catching the impossible
Steve Gardener - my life in match fishing
Graham Marsden - angling essays

I really don't need or want any more kit .... at the moment :wh

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have find memories of catching chub in the snow in the harsher winters of the early 1980s .... I didn't seem to feel the cold so much when I was a teenager!

I was catching chub in the snow not that long ago really.
Fingers crossed it never snows again....best place for that stuff is on the Alps or anywhere well away from me!

John Keane

Reaction score
Bought myself the Abu 7001 multiplier for a very nice price from Weymouth Angling Centre. The Daiwa Kenzaki Uptide Rod is on the way and I just need some good line now.

On the more traditional front I got a Nespresso Coffee Machine, Attenborough’s Dynasties book, a few nice items of knitwear and shirts, a Primaloft quilted jacket and an RSPB window feeder.

Been a nice Christmas without over-indulgence in food or alcohol.

bracket

Reaction score
Amazon Echo:[/uhQUOTE]

My daughter bought me one of those Echo things and while I am quite IT savvy I can't seem to get my head around it. All it does is try to tell me what to do. Well strangly enough I marry one of them fifty five years ago who hasn't been successful yet. Being serious as I don't intend to be brainwashed by Amazon I find no use for it and it resides in one of my "might come in handy" drawers. If anyone can explain the advantages of an Echo I would be delighted to be enlightened. Pete

silvers

Reaction score
I was catching chub in the snow not that long ago really.
Fingers crossed it never snows again....best place for that stuff is on the Alps or anywhere well away from me!

When it snows these days I prefer to go climbing than fishing ... but I am bonkers :wh