Ok,.it's obvious,but what did santa bring you.

mikench

Reaction score
If anyone can explain the advantages of an Echo I would be delighted to be enlightened.

It was bought for me and I wouldn't have bought it for myself but it's fun! I have just asked it to play in no particular order, Witch Queen of New Orleans by Redbone, Mississippi Queen by Mountain, Linda Paloma by Jackson Browne and Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond and it did so! I will probably use it for music, asking for a weather forecast and similar trivialités!

I did ask it where I might catch a 3lb roach and it replied " ask Pete aka Bracket":rolleyes:

bracket

Reaction score
I did ask it where I might catch a 3lb roach and it replied " ask Pete aka Bracket":rolleyes:

Just as I suspected, totally useless and misinformed. The correct answer is of course "In your dreams". Have a good New Years Eve mikench. I already am. Pete.

mikench

Reaction score
And you Pete! Like most women Alexa doesn't know everything, can be infuriating and often doesn't listen!:rolleyes:

seth49

Reaction score
There not bad for music are they, my main source of music is Apple Music, which at the moment you can access in America but not in the Uk yet.

But I can make a playlist and send it to echo by Bluetooth which is handy. Plus can get my favourite radio station Planet Rock just by asking for it.

Getting to like it.

bracket

Reaction score
There not bad for music are they, my main source of music is Apple Music, which at the moment you can access in America but not in the Uk yet.

But I can make a playlist and send it to echo by Bluetooth which is handy. Plus can get my favourite radio station Planet Rock just by asking for it.

Getting to like it.

I may be getting this wrong seth49, but the only way I can get music, other than that which I already have on a hard drive, is to subscribe to Amazon Prime. Am I right in that? Pete.

mikench

Reaction score
I think you are right Pete! I buy lots of stuff from Amazon and I get my money's worth with Prime! I also have stuff shipped to France ! As a prime member Amazon Unlimited music( I am trying this out) is £7.99 per month. I get 3 months free through having an echo so will test it out! The alternatives are Apple Music or Spotify! So far Alexa will play all tracks requested plus all the albums which are not available on plain Amazon music!

I generally use ITunes through a Bose system using Bluetooth or through Apple TV as I have put my entire( well almost) on there, some 25,000 tracks!!

I love my music!!

seth49

Reaction score
I subscribe to Apple Music, it costs me ten pounds a month, theirs a three or six month free trial, if you want to try it.
Any albums you have on iTunes are also available here on Apple Music.
I like it, especially like the “if you like this, you might like this”
Where it suggests similar music to what your currently playing, discovered some good tracks etc with this.
Also on echo there are lots of free radio stations.