Seen floats like these?

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some pole floats like these. I can't remember where I got them. They have either K4 or K9 marked on them, and each has a crosshair motif. The only thing I could find online pointed to a North-east tackle shop, but that was a dead-end and has now been removed. If you've seen this brand of floats in a shop - the ones in the pic are 4x10 and 4x14 - I'd really like to know where.

nottskev

Reaction score
Nicely done, Chris - hats off to your searching skills. The 4x8 version they show would be too small for my purposes, even if they had them in stock, but nice to see the full details and a sign of them. Surprised to see where the tackle shop is - a tiny place in the middle of County Clare - all big wild lakes. I had a couple of holidays close by which I spilt between the lakes and the lower Shannon. I can't imagine what anybody does with minute pole floats around there!

rayner

Reaction score
I have some very similar, without getting all my tackle out I would say the same.
They are made by Ultra floats, George Stenton is the owner.
Had my set about 15yrs ago I recon, a friend of mine was his brother in law.

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks Rayner. Chris found the ones I have are from a range sold by W B Clarke (as in the Matchteam line) called Kombat floats. Clarke's have a Facebook page but the message link is dead. I'll keep nosing around. It seems daft to be chasing up one particular float - the shops are full of pole floats - but I'm fussy about them. This one has, for its size, a thicker than usual tip and a thicker and longer carbon stem. I was using a 4x14 one yesterday and it was just the job. I'll have a look at the Ultra ones, if I can find them, and they might be good too.