Bouyant collar that goes on your landing net handle

Another Dave

Reaction score
I've seen people use these landing-net-pole 'floats' in some of the youtubes i've watched. It's like a cylindrical collar that goes on your landing net pole/handle up near the net, so that if your net drops in you don't lose it. It also looks like you can prop your net nicely in the swim, depending on the slope.

Do any of you use these and love them, or is it just another consumer item we don't need?

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a Nash net float on my large net only

The only problem I have found with them is that you can only them on pond – lakes or canals, there no good for rivers with a flow.

Do not but the cheap ones as its only pipe lagging and not very buoyant

The Nash net float are around £8.50-£9.50 for the small 70g or £12-£13 for the large 150g

Do I need it not really?

terry m

Reaction score
If you are playing a large fish, the net float allows you to lay the net on the surface without fear of it sinking to the bottom. Then when ready simply raise the handle and the net will pivot around the float meaning the mesh becomes submerged. I think they are useful but not necessary if catching small or even medium sized fish. As above they are useless on rivers.

Philip

Reaction score
Agreed about the river bit.

I found them a hinderance when tyring to net large fish when you need to get the net down deep and keep it there as it keeps popping back up. I took mine off ages ago and have not gone back. They probably have a use on stillwaters when your netting lots of fish at regular intervals.

carpinbob

Reaction score
I use them when I’m carp fishing stops the net from sinking.