TURN IT DOWN ( part 2)

mikexx

Reaction score
Reading nottskevs original thoughts on loud and annoying music got me thinking about it in another context- by the waterside. One of the brilliant things about fishing is the very fact that you leave behind much of the everyday life and domesticity that can be a pain, and seek a more tranquil way to spend a few hours of your time.Why then take some of that noise with you, so that it annoys others.But if you can’t bear to leave your music behind,the very least you can do is to wear headphones.Seems to have happened a lot this past year to me and quite a few others.On one Saturday afternoon session, a guy went to his car that was parked behind his peg,turned his car radio up pretty loud, so that he( and everyone else within earshot) could hear the football commentary.Absolutely 100% true.All it takes is a little consideration for our brother anglers, surely not too much to ask.

bracket

Reaction score
Mick xx. You won't have wanted to draw next to Jan Porter in a match then. You got the lot, Red shell suit and cap, white earphones with Whitesnake at 120dbs plus the likelihood of a right banjoing at the end of the match. Pete

nottskev

Reaction score
There's a bloke I sometimes fish near on a local lake - we both know which pegs hold most fish - and he fishes with his radio on his side-tray tuned to a sixties hits - type station. I'm condemned to spend the day with audible but out of focus golden oldies in my ear. The difficulty is, he's a decent bloke and we usually have a chat, and I don't really want to complain. He's retired from a heavy industry, and probably thinks a bit of pop music in the air is nothing to bother about.

john step

Reaction score
There's a bloke I sometimes fish near on a local lake - we both know which pegs hold most fish - and he fishes with his radio on his side-tray tuned to a sixties hits - type station. I'm condemned to spend the day with audible but out of focus golden oldies in my ear. The difficulty is, he's a decent bloke and we usually have a chat, and I don't really want to complain. He's retired from a heavy industry, and probably thinks a bit of pop music in the air is nothing to bother about.

I wonder if the heavy industry has affected his hearing and he might be mortified if he thought others could hear it?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm only in two clubs and radios are banned from them both.
Since I bailiff for one of the clubs I make sure anyone with a radio is told to switch it off or I just book em and fire em off.
To be honest, if I was fishing somewhere other than my clubs waters and someone rocked up with a radio, i'd ask em to switch it off and if they wouldn't then I would smash their radio over their heads....serious n'all.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
And leave your mallets at home too :rant:

Keith
I dont know about that. I carry a mallet and wouldnt be without it but its for rod rests/bank sticks so whack whack whack and done. However....I have had the misfortune to be sat next to blokes setting up a small house for an ovetnighter and that is like being on a building site. Small wonder these blokes never move.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
I like the peace and quiet that comes with fishing but will admit to taking a radio if the cricket is on. Fishing off the beaten track or at stupid o'clock in the morning I don't have to worry about disturbing other anglers.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A day’s summer fishing for tench and crucians whilst listening to test match special.........perfect.

Keith M

Reaction score
A day’s summer fishing for tench and crucians whilst listening to test match special.........perfect.

It would send me to sleep listening to that :) however I have been known to listen to Pink Floyd and Dire Straits on my earphones on the odd occasion when I’ve been sitting behind a couple of Carp rods :listening_headphone

Keith

Last edited:

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
I dont know about that. I carry a mallet and wouldnt be without it but its for rod rests/bank sticks so whack whack whack and done. However....I have had the misfortune to be sat next to blokes setting up a small house for an ovetnighter and that is like being on a building site. Small wonder these blokes never move.

I use banksticks with a spiral point, ( mine are Dinsmore’s), much easier to get in quietly or use a rod pod/tripod, much less disturbance to the fish! I find it makes a world of difference when roving/stalking ( if I can’t do without). ATB Rog

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk