Fishing attire

Another Dave

Reaction score
Yep - that's the look. You sat through an episode of On the Bank? Phew! I tried and failed a couple of times. The programmes consisted of filming a carp match, showing carp after carp being weighed and telling you how that one affected the leader board. What the anglers were doing and why might well have been interesting, but they skipped that in favour of the changing scoreboard.

The first few episodes of the season i just watched were interesting because they were very low on carp content. As well as the urban lure scratters we had some trotting and some chub and roach, all decent enough stuff. By episode 4 onwards it just seemed to be wall-to-wall carp matches so i did indeed abandon ship.

Just remembered, i will also need to actually wear the hood on my hoodies to successfully pull off this look.

bracket

Reaction score
You must have been well off Pete 10 fags.
Never was a smoker,packet of midget gems did me....

trotter2. That was a general observation my friend. I also have never smoked, except in bed that is. Pete.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sadly Sam he died about 7 years or so ago! He suffered from Parkinson's which deteriorated! I was always amazed how someone with Parkinson's could accurately load and shoot an air rifle, calibrate a scope and make a stock! My Daystate has a thumbhole stock made by Tony!

I thought I'd seen something to that effect. He must have passed away a year or two after I knocked club competition shooting on the head. I have barely used an air rifle since.

john step

Reaction score
We have all bought clothing for going fishing ie waterproofs, bibs and braces, warm hats etc! How many of us wear camouflage to be able to creep up to the bank and surprise unwary fish! I don't and I thus wonder if I'm missing a trick!

Do you think this would help?:rolleyes:

Mil-Tec Ghillie Suit 4 pcs. Digital Desert

Beejesus......fancy turning round and seeing that walk towards you on the bank. You would think the body snatchers were coming.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
For summer fishing it is Lacoste trainers, tracksuit bottoms and Lacoste polo shirt,
I also have a set of PI waterproofs for when it is inclement weather, when cool/cold it is a pair of fleece joggers and sweatshirt and fleece jacket either with or without waterproofs.
Someone mentioned the angler who wore a red tracksuit, all his clothing was red, His name was Jan Porter, " the man in red" as he was known, A brilliant match angler and all round angler and I found him easy to talk to. He passed away a few years ago.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I wear camo trousers in the summer but that's all. I tried a camo jacket on once but the BF said I looked like a hydrangea bush. He wasnt wrong either.

Oddly enough he has a winter weight camo jacket and it looks fine on him but on me camo jackets just look stupid. Plain olive drab for me.

Philip

Reaction score
The wooly suit is brilliant ! ….love to see him in the rain ...

Its Drab colours for me.
Allot of it is normal clothing that has been relegrated to fishing. Further relegation will then be to Gardening then drain cleaning & finally as a rag for mopping or sopping up horrible things.

I get attached to certain items …my fleece I have had for many years and its still going strong. I had a pair of light weight fishing trousers that literally were more holes than trouser. The final nail was tripping one day whilst trying ot put them off and tearing an entire leg off…even then I had a good long look before I consigned it to the bin.

Do clothes make a difference ? …I recon yes. Of course there will be occasions when the fish will have it regardless of if you turned up in bright orange sweatshirt playing the bagpipes but there are plenty of occasions when they wont. Staying quiet and out of sight cant harm your chances.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think I remember Sam Vines telling me he likes to wear crotchless tights under his wellies during the winter as a thermal layer.....when we fished together he never did give a reason for the long blond wigg or why he wore a mini skirt and had put on thick red lipstick and eye shadow....I just pretended I hadn't noticed :wh.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I think I remember Sam Vines telling me he likes to wear crotchless tights under his wellies during the winter as a thermal layer.....when we fished together he never did give a reason for the long blond wigg or why he wore a mini skirt and had put on thick red lipstick and eye shadow....I just pretended I hadn't noticed :wh.

Do you mind! I've just eaten.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you mind! I've just eaten.

No worries Chris, all that stress up in the Faulklands was gonn'a cause some kind'a backlash, everyone will understand bud.....it's just post traumatic dress syndrome lol ;).

sam vimes

Reaction score
No worries Chris, all that stress up in the Faulklands was gonn'a cause some kind'a backlash, everyone will understand bud.....it's just post traumatic dress syndrome lol ;).

Stress, in the Falklands?:confused: The most traumatic thing I endured was whether or not our alcohol order would be properly fulfilled.:w

john step

Reaction score

You rotten sod :wh

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yes it is, its about clothing worn while fishing along with a bit of banter thrown in,
and with all the **** that is going on in this country at the moment such as knife crime, it is good to read something with a little bit of comical element in it,instead of sorrow and sadness

Another Dave

Reaction score
That's right Mark.

Anyway, i've narrowed down my choice of mask for my urban lure angling costume, what do you guys reckon:

51rc39j0SUL.jpg

51q89uI-YmL.jpg

51uC9eCNygL.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I actually had the middle one of those for riding the push bike, helps stop you getting the taste of diesel and petrol fumes in your mouth, especially when going up hills ?
Also helped when breathing hard and the air is freezing.
I gave it to our kid several months back and got one with a skull face on it lol.

Keith M

Reaction score
That's right Mark.

Anyway, i've narrowed down my choice of mask for my urban lure angling costume, what do you guys reckon:

View attachment 6457

View attachment 6459

View attachment 6458

I don’t know about on the river or canal bank when I’m fishing on a freezing cold day but I’d definately not wear one of them anywhere near a high street jewellers or bank or anywhere else come to that as I would expect to be very quickly get arrested :)

Keith

Last edited: