The weather isn't looking good for the remaining river season.......

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just checked on the weather report for the next 10 days in my area, and it appears to be mostly raining :eek:mg:.
If it rains as much as it says it will I would imagine the rivers will be too high for trotting so not good for me :(.
Lets hope the weather men have got it wrong :w.

mikench

Reaction score
It's going to be the same here Ian. Tomorrow will be fine but then wet for days. Oh well it's only the end of February.

seth49

Reaction score
Well if March comes in like a lion, it usually goes out like a lamb, here’s hoping so anyway.

barbelboi

Reaction score
There's a mixture of sunny periods and frequent light rain showers forecast for the next 10 here - some days dry, others not. Calm and still at the moment and I don't put a lot of faith in forecasts days ahead where the weather is changeable. Now, if there wasn't a cloud in the sky for 5000 miles and they forecast a couple of dry, sunny days I'd go along with that....................

rayner

Reaction score
At least the water table may get a needed drop.
Around Sheff the water levels aren't too bad, others have had it far worse so a bit of rain would be welcome.

nottskev

Reaction score
It think it depends where you live. Everywhere here is low and clear - and that's just the stillwaters. A few days' rain would do the rivers a lot of good. This recent spell has been nice to sit in - but the frost/sun/clear skies/no wind combination has killed the fishing on the places I've been.

Reaction score
Same as you Kev,rivers are in dire need of rain,I'm not sure a week of steady rain would do much for the water table here.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I was going to fishing yesterday ( Thursday ) for the first time since before November, and what does it do ??? pour down with rain !!! I don't mind it raining once I am set up and fishing, but I hate setting up in the rain. So today,I am not taking the chance, I am going to have a mooch around a couple of tackle shops to look at things I don't need,but may see something for a "just in case " moment. Then have a look at Coppull Mill Pool,and the nearby country park for a future outing there. At the country park is a good café, so that will be getting my custom.

benny samways

Reaction score
I’ve got the last few days off and I’m hoping for there to be a nice bit of extra water in the rivers so I can go after a big barbel.

I love codding in a flooded Great Ouse :)

Reaction score
I’ve got the last few days off and I’m hoping for there to be a nice bit of extra water in the rivers so I can go after a big barbel.

I love codding in a flooded Great Ouse :)

Well good luck with that,we haven't had enough rain to colour the Ouse yet,let alone flood it.

seth49

Reaction score
The ribble was at two metres last night, now at one point four metres and dropping, no shortage of rain here, more forecast for the next few days at least.
It’s getting a bit soggy around here, could do with a dry spell, and I’ve just had to scrape ice of the car this morning.
There’s a chance of it drying up in a couple of weeks, and getting warmer, hope so, I want to get fishing again, not much being caught at the moment.

mikench

Reaction score
Glad you asked that Steve as I haven't a clue. The Ouse isn't tidal to my knowledge.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Codding is when you sit with your rod/s up in the air with a heavy lead and biggish bait in high water...

mikench

Reaction score
When and why would you use that method for coarse fishing Alan? Isn't it just plain ledgering?