Closed season....

Keith M

Reaction score
Not got a clue when my wedding anniversary is, just after I got out the nick I think lol.

I do remember our wedding anniversary and the wife’s birthday; they are the things that you usually only forget once else live to regret it.

My sons birthday is 2 weeks before mine so that’s easily remembered however I’m always forgetting my daughters birthday for some reason.

And I always thought that the last day that you could fish was on the 15th March.

Keith

Last edited:

bullet

Reaction score
It is obviously the 14th, as the Trout season opens on the 15th, and Colonel Saint John-Smythe and his chums aren't going to want any riff raff on the banks!
Actually it's the start of the season I have a problem with, a few years back I had a wonderful first day of the season trotting for Dace etc.
Regailing it all to a friend, he pointed out that the season didn't start until tomorrow!

flightliner

Reaction score
Thank's for all the replys gents :cool:.
Ok, so it's the 14th then, although i'm so forgetful these days, I may well get mixed up again by then :confused: and fish beyond the closeing date :wh.

Being serious now, round these parts the rivers are gonn'a be pretty much unfishable with a float for the remaining few days as they have all rose overnight, and going off the weather forecast that's the way they're gonn'a stay until beyond the closeing date.
I suppose there's always legarrrrgh'ring :eek:mg:.
Tigger , it could be expensive in fines to be caught out so to help not to forget a good idea might be to get a black felt tipped pen (not permenant mind) and write "14" on one of your canine hearth mates back end !! :closed_2::closed_2::fish2::fish2::

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tigger , it could be expensive in fines to be caught out so to help not to forget a good idea might be to get a black felt tipped pen (not permenant mind) and write "14" on one of your canine hearth mates back end !! :closed_2::closed_2::fish2::fish2::

Mick, they'll jump at me throat!
Looking at the weather, which is virtually solid rain, the rivers won't be fishable for some time beyond the 14th!.....unless the forecast changes drastically!

steve2

Reaction score
When my brother fished he always complained that he couldn't have a day off to go fishing because he was born on the 15th March.

flightliner

Reaction score
Been hard of late. Kids over from Italy for ten days and now a four/five day absence has me chomping at the bit.
Hopefully two days out next week before it's shut!.

Reaction score
Hoping to get out twice before the close,don't expect too much though,fingers crossed the river isn't to high,or low and clear....don't want much eh???

silvers

Reaction score
Hi Alan,

Half a dozen of us fished Kempston yesterday, from school bend down to top of the barley field.
It was hard to say the least. 4:9 won and I was second with a level 2 pounds.
Ouse just doesn’t seem to fish any more with a bit of fresh water. In, during the winter.

Reaction score
I'm hoping for bream Alex,at Bedford,weather looks poop though gh.

Reaction score
I think the weather looks a bit damaging later,so may not go on river before it closes sadly...