Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Plastic Float Boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wintle View Post
    I'm still using polycarbonate sheet with edging after nearly 30 years. They protect the floats well and you can see what you've got.Attachment 6471
    You beat me to it Mark, I use the same, plus they can be cut to length to suit the float size,

I also used them for pole rigs in the wider sizes, The conservatory fitters around here did a roaring trade in the offcuts at the time.

If you know anyone in the engineering trade, ask them for a couple of the containers that hacksaw blades are supplied in,

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    I went through a phase of making my own boxes out of wood, thin 3 ply sheets and the stems off big firework rockets 8 -10 mm sq which I collected after bonfire night. a length of small piano hing and the foam sticky slot inserts. Countersunk small magnet and steel plate as the lock. Costed out the lot came to a couple of quid and gave me a lot of pleasure making them.

PS the best ever waggle box holder I ever came across and still use are the plastic knitting needle boxes.
    This really is still the best option, making the box custom made for what you need to carry in it.
    With compartments the right size for the job. Overhaul they may be a little bit more heavy than a plastic job.
    The one I use today was made by myself about 15 yrs ago it holds floats,end tackle and hook lengths all in the same box. I instantly know if I have that box I have everything for a days fishing all in one unit.
    That way I have really no chance of leaving anything at home.Much better than carrying individual hook boxes,float boxes,tackle boxes, which for me adds to the confused mess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    the best ever waggle box holder I ever came across and still use are the plastic knitting needle boxes.
    Hobby Craft sell knitting stuff so that’s where I would start looking.

I store my wagglers in an old float container that was free on the front cover of an ‘Improve your Coarse Fishing’ magazine many years ago.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

Keith I've had the needle tubes that long I can't remember where I got them from. My wife knits, I might have stolen them off her

I would say the Conservatory roof polycarbonate panels are better, you can store individual floats in them, if using tubes or flat containers there is a risk of damaging the paintwork or the tips on the floats.

Blog Entries

Was in a shop of the Shop chain "The Works" today doing some birthday shopping for the Granddaughters and noticed they had wooden boxes (unpainted or varnished) of quite a few sizes, shapes and depths in stock. Ranging in price from a couple of quid to around a tenner.

Well worth a check out if you like wooden boxes for you floats.

By happy coincidence, Dave Harrell has just announced (on Facebook) that he's adding some plastic float boxes to his catalogue.
    Plastic Float Boxes?-dh-float-boxes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    By happy coincidence, Dave Harrell has just announced (on Facebook) that he's adding some plastic float boxes to his catalogue.
    Plastic Float Boxes?-dh-float-boxes.jpg
    I have some of those (a m8 of mine had loads he was giving out to a few of us, they weren't for fishing) without the DH name on em, pretty identicle, and came with all the dividers.

There's barely a plastic box made that was intended for nothing but fishing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast