Eels....love em!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, looking forward to speaking to you all and sharing knowledge. I am a bit of an all rounder with a big passion for Eel, chub and rudd fishing but to be honest I could...and do... fish for anything. I am looking for a new Eel water in Norfolk. I realise that this is a tall order as Eels much like the Anglers chasing them are elusive beasts and almost all the time anglers on a lake don't even know if there are Eels around or not but any information anyone has would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ant

flightliner

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, looking forward to speaking to you all and sharing knowledge. I am a bit of an all rounder with a big passion for Eel, chub and rudd fishing but to be honest I could...and do... fish for anything. I am looking for a new Eel water in Norfolk. I realise that this is a tall order as Eels much like the Anglers chasing them are elusive beasts and almost all the time anglers on a lake don't even know if there are Eels around or not but any information anyone has would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ant
Is it just any size eel you enjoy catching or do you look for big ones-- and if so what size do u call big?

Reaction score
I just love fishing for em mate but to be honest....its the big ones i'm after. anything over 5lb is rare as hens teeth in Norfolk.

flightliner

Reaction score
A five plus must be a very impressive eel. My biggest is only a mere 3-1. TBH I'm not an enthusiast as I prefer other fish, roach, Bream, Tench, Barbel and the like but I can understand the attraction.
I hope you find a few with one that lives up to your expectations.

shane99

Reaction score
Magnificent creatures. I have just been accepted on a water after many years on a waiting list. Its near River Crouch in Essex & the Eels go to "huge proportions" so the web site says ...

I would like to fish for them but worry about deep hooking & causing harm to what would be a very old fish. I use circle hooks for Perch & have lip hooked eels on these so thats my starting point but not sure about bite detection. Any pointers welcome on this & methods of course.

I had a little exchange with an old member called Binka on eel fishing a while ago, we both admired these creatures !

shane99

Reaction score
interesting !
Experimenting with rear drop off indicating for Perch, using gardner nano bugs, should work for Eels.

On that link the blog is interesting, worth a read.