Bait Confidence

mikench

Reaction score
Lupin or Lupini Beans are yellow legume seeds of the lupinus genus plant, most commonly the Lupinus luteus or Yellow Lupin, and were once a common food of the Mediterranean basin and Latin America.

I have eaten them as a snack without really knowing what they were.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Turtle Beans
Turtle Beans

I posted this a while back. When you have soaked the Turtle beans and cooked them they are a fair bit larger than tares and Urid beans. I did alright with the Urid beans and caught on the turtle beans. They didn’t hook very well and I preferred Urid beans. I prefer tares over both to be honest and had a good session feeding hemp and fishing tares last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puffer_

Reaction score
If all else fails (or the tackle shop is shut) then I will take sweetcorn, bread, and worms. Worms are my favourite out of those three tho, and I always know that if the fish are biting then I'll catch on a worm.

I seem to have mixed experience with sweetcorn. I didn't like it for years and never used it, but then had a decent day on it so have used it sporadically ever since, although I don't have as much confidence in it as a good old worm

Lark

Reaction score
To be honest Ray, I think the final product after processing isn't as good as I thought it would be.
Although the turtle beans start off looking and smelling amazing, they become a bit ordinary eventually.
I did like the size range within the batch, from 2 x tare to 3 x tare (if that makes sense). Hooking wouldn't be a problem and the very pale, inner mass of the bean could increase it's attraction where they were slightly fractured.
I would prefer tares to these any day, I think. And I know that I will normally get good, selective results using tares.

I will probably give the turtle beans a run-out on the rivers during the summer just to satisfy my curiosity.
But, like yourself, I've used many different pulses over many, many years and nothing quite compares to the tare.