Fake maggot question?

rayner

Reaction score
How would you feel if you went downstairs on Sunday morning for your breakfast and sat on the plate were two plastic fried eggs accompanying three rashers of plastic bacon, two foam sausages and a balsa wood tomato. :) YUM YUM :hungry:
That's what the fish you enjoy catching feels like when you are to mean to buy a pint of real maggots.
Tight Lines
Mike

Twaddle! who buys a pint of plastic maggots?
Besides that if a fish is to take a plastic bait it has to be in a feeding frenzy so to speak, normally generated by feeding with said pint of maggots. Using fresh maggots of course. In my considered opinion.
I think it would be a long wait to get a bite using a single plastic bait with no feed. The plastic baits I use are to imitate the baits I'm feeding, to enable me to keep fishing rather than bringing back my rig to rebait. If quick bites are not coming then there's no need for plastic.

metalmicky1944

Reaction score

"Twaddle" :wh

Is that a Yorkshire term for "I didn't" read the post correctly ??????????????
Nothing was mentioned about a pint of plastic maggots, maybe a pint or two of :guiness: to many before reading the original post Hmmm

rayner

Reaction score
Sorry son but I indeed read your post correctly.
My reference of a pint of maggots was in reply to your statement of coming downstairs to a breakfast of plastic.
You indeed stated a pint of maggots in your post.
Your post reads, to mean to buy a real pint of maggots. This was as you wrote it. I could offer a couple or more terms for your outrageous remark that would definitely be deemed has Yorkshire terms.

PS. No I hadn't had a drink before reading your post but it does by all accounts seem as though you have before replying re your crabby reply.

metalmicky1944

Reaction score

"definitely be deemed HAS Yorkshire terms"

Tut Tut
Don't you mean "AS" I thought it quite normal for Yorkshire folk to drop their "H's" not add them in the wrong places :wh

rayner

Reaction score
Ah a grammatical error, much like (too mean)
I take it you accept you made mention of pint of plastic maggots, not me.

seth49

Reaction score
Just to add my bit, I started using plastic corn last year, for carp in the margins mainly, had very good results on it, also had tench and bream on it as well.

I was surprised how well it worked, didn’t think it would work but thought I’d give it a try, mainly to avoid the small Rudd etc, I’d feed a few pellets and some real corn to attract them in, and fish with the plastic corn on the hair, had one of my best seasons in the margins doing this.