Veolia Environmental Trust

cooking fat

Reaction score
I'm part of a small group who are mulling over options for a renovation project (not for profit) that we want to pursue. We're considering applying for funding via the Veolia Environmental Trust (VET), as we believe they have funded some angling related projects previously.

If anyone has any past funding related experiences (successful or not) with VET, I'd be grateful for any advice you can offer. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post it here.

Obviously we'll talk to VET before attempting any application, but any information we can glean up front will help us to target our approach In the most effective way.

Thanks.

The bad one

Reaction score
My advice, and I have applied and got many grants from funding bodies, but not this one, and not fishing related, is give them a call with your outline proposal to see how it flies. It will save you a lot of time and effort filling forms in, only to be knocked back because it doesn't fit the criteria.

One piece of the criteria I'd have misgivings about is this one

Projects that are open to the wider general public for at least 104 days a year without any limit or unreasonable restrictions of use​

As unless you're application is for a day ticket water you may fall on this one.

Philip

Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear some more details about this non profit renovation project.

Perhaps if you detailed what exactly your trying to do someone may be able to suggest other potential ways to get funding.

gaz40k

Reaction score
There's a pond near where I work that was renovated by local folk with funding. I'm off home in a minute or I'd do a bit of research for you. It's pennytown ponds in somercoates on coates park industrial estate if you want to have a google around and find what you can? I think there was a youtube video explaining what they did? Might point you in the right direction at least.

Iron mongers pond in west bridgeford Nottingham was another.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but at the end of a 12 hour shift sat in a gatehouse, I'm well ready for a good walk with the dogs and me dinner!

cooking fat

Reaction score
There's a pond near where I work that was renovated by local folk with funding. I'm off home in a minute or I'd do a bit of research for you. It's pennytown ponds in somercoates on coates park industrial estate if you want to have a google around and find what you can? I think there was a youtube video explaining what they did? Might point you in the right direction at least.

Iron mongers pond in west bridgeford Nottingham was another.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but at the end of a 12 hour shift sat in a gatehouse, I'm well ready for a good walk with the dogs and me dinner!

Many thanks for the information. No need for further research - I've checked them online and that's given a heads up on what they did.

gaz40k

Reaction score
Many thanks for the information. No need for further research - I've checked them online and that's given a heads up on what they did.

I wish you all the best if you can get the go ahead! It's folk like you that give folk like me scenic places to cast a line and walk my dogs.