Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13' float rod

Default Re: 13' float rod

the matchpro ultralight thats been recommended, is it capable of landing hard fighting fish as well as silvers

Quote Originally Posted by hawb811 View Post
    the matchpro ultralight thats been recommended, is it capable of landing hard fighting fish as well as silvers
    I’ve got the 15’ version, pretty sure it’d be ok for something bigger. I’ve had 3lb bream on it, not hard fighting I give you.

I’ve a 13’ Daiwa Harrier Match ( cost me £80) for my day to day float work. Landed a 16lb carp this week without too much difficulty, the rod behaved very well under pressure. I think they have been superseded by the Ninja range of rods. Which are around £40 from angling direct

If he is a beginner then something not too fragile in the tip, so he has a bit of leeway for the mistakes he might make?

No suggestions I'm afraid.

I have a 12' matchpro and I bought it for silvers and it hasn't disappointed. Errant carp are inevitable and I managed a 10 lb common without much fuss and with a size 18 hook and 3 lb hooklength . This capture gave me confidence in the rod. I have had Stillwater Chub to over 4lb with it as well.

On further reflection I would consider a Darent Valley 0.75 tc light Avon rod which are a snip at £40 from The Tackle box based in Dartford Kent. I have float and feeder fished with it and had all kinds from roach and Rudd to carp over 12lb. If the lad progresses he can then get a matchpro but I guarantee he will keep hold of the DV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12