Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Floats for shy biting fish.

Hi all,I'm stunned at the lack of sensitive waggler floats available,especially in the 2-3bb size,for fish like crucians,if your not fishing the lift method bites can be little more than rings coming from the float,even insert settlers are too clumsy,the sensi tip wagglers by Drennan are ok,but I believe the smallest is 5bb,cannot understand why you would make a float with such a fine tip,surely your not going to cast 20yds with them....

Default Re: Floats for shy biting fish.

Try the Visi Wag 1 or Glow Tip Atennas from Drennan.

If they are feeding within a rod length and it isn't windy try a light pole float with just the weight of the bait to cock it(plus maybe one no10 dust shot ) you'll catch more cru's than you would believe are in there

Drennan glow tips are very good, I use them for a lot of my waggler fishing.

Blog Entries

Last edited by Keith M; 06-06-2019 at 13:24.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    If they are feeding within a rod length and it isn't windy try a light pole float with just the weight of the bait to cock it(plus maybe one no10 dust shot ) you'll catch more cru's than you would believe are in there
    Agree with this.

Pole floats seem to be the accepted go-to for crucians and rudd these days.

It's now so rare to see someone float fishing that it's no wonder there is a lack of floats for sale in tackle shops. Is the art of float fishing going to be lost?

Quote Originally Posted by peterjg View Post
    It's now so rare to see someone float fishing that it's no wonder there is a lack of floats for sale in tackle shops. Is the art of float fishing going to be lost?
    No, never as it will always be an effective and fun way to fish

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I used to use a Drennan Crystal fine insert waggler(like a pole float tip)as your talking about Rob,they don't make them any more,has to be a small float to say use a small cube of meat and a no.10....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterjg View Post
    Couldn't agree more Peter,I'm thinking of making a small waggler with two inches of peacock,with a tip made out of a cocktail stick...
    Last edited by whitty; 06-06-2019 at 15:44.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast