Rod Licence 2019/20 Season

Lark

Reaction score
I've recently renewed my Annual Rod Licence for 2019/20 season, my first since 2015 due to a forced layoff.
I renewed online on the 2nd May this year and received a 'payzone' payment/confirmation status, but nothing else as yet.
Do you still get sent a rod licence in a credit card type form like my last one or are you expected to keep your licence reference on your phone, should you be checked? (My last check was June 1979!).

On the e mailed document I did receive it states two references. One of them an AuthCode and the other an Order ID. Which one is the relevant number?

And, is this all you get these days?

Cheers for any feedback.

Reaction score
Keep it,even take note of it and carry it when you fish,it is your licence until your new one arrives,read your message carefully as I believe there is a time scale it's valid for,then you must kick butt,it will come mind...

d.owens

Reaction score
I got my "hard copy" about a week after purchasing online in November.
Saved the email as a screenshot on my phone before it arrived.
Your new credit card type should arrive soon, featuring a nice picture of a Gudgeon, if you got the 2 rod licence.
You are legal to fish with the electronic one now.

Lark

Reaction score
Thanks both for the feedback confirming that a card is still issued.
5 weeks does seem like a very long time for it to arrive though.

Cheers.

Reaction score
As I say it should say on your notification how long it is valid for,ring em mate if your unsure...

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I had an EA query on my rod licence and I got in touch with them on facebook, they responded really quickly. Maybe they were just having a "social media awareness week" but I was very impressed with how quickly I got the issue sorted out

Lark

Reaction score
Well... Mystery solved. I got stitched-up by a fake website (albeit an extremely convincing one).
Might be able to recover the money from the bank, but I'm not holding out much hope for that.
Put this one down to experience (bad) and hope that it's a warning to others.

Proper renewal completed now, so just looking forward to next week.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I got stitched-up by a fake website (albeit an extremely convincing one).
Sorry to hear of that, Lark. I hope you have reported it to the EA and the police.

There is a site where you will get a genuine licence eventually, but they charge £48 for the normal £30 job. Sadly, it's not illegal and has been up there for year. I met a Polish chap last year who paid over on that site. Always make sure it's the Gov.uk site.

Lark

Reaction score
I have reported it Jeff, the EA guy I spoke to said there were a rash of these sites around now.
I'm still pretty embarrassed about being caught out like this, although the site was very convincingly crafted to be almost identical to the EA/Gov version.

If it helps as a warning to others, at least something constructive may come out of it.
Just looking forward now to my first Thames session next week!

Reaction score
There really are some scum about,you have to be so careful,sorry to hear you've been ripped off.

seth49

Reaction score
That’s why I always renew mine at the post office, don’t trust the internet with money.
This year the post office wanted my national insurance number, luckily I have It memorised, so it wasn’t a problem.