Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prawns as bait

Default Re: Prawns as bait

Graham,
    If you do use prawns, take a handful out and chop them, not too fine, but into small pieces.
    If you then mix them with a slice of blitzed, white bread, some paprika and or Cayenne pepper, you've got a great, cheap bait for chucking out as freebies with your hook bait in thumb-nail sized offerings (don't compress them too tight!).
    You can also dry off your hook bait prawns a bit, put them into a bag with some paprika and cayenne and shake them up a bit. Adds a little bit of colour and 'zing'.

Blog Entries

Had one of our members (will be an association bailiff in the new season) on the phone this morning and he was telling me how he's had a load of prawns and prawn heads in the fridge for a few weeks now - hopefully in sealed containers!.. He reckons they'll be brilliant for the barbel come Sunday.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Could well be Jeff, live minnows were also very successful also early season...................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Woodhouse View Post
    He reckons they'll be brilliant for the barbel come Sunday.
    Brilliant roughly chopped with hemp/hali crush in stick mixes or cage feeder Jeff.

Everything likes a prawn I have found, couldnt get one through the marauding small Roach the other morning. I was wondering why the float wouldnt settle, stood up for a look & the roach were playing ping pong with it ! Tried shotting down to the hook but there were so many I had to move..

Had success when I have thawed them out put them in a bag with krill powder & froze them again.You dont smell great when you get home though. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12