Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cost of changing rod handles

I had two quivertip rods (brand new) rebutted by a friend.
    Full cork handles with Fuji screw down reel fittings.
    He did a superb job , even scraped off a charcoal grey paint job back to carbon .
    They look like custom made jobs now and fit the bill admirably.
    The full cork ready made handles are £16 each in my local dealer but my friend did it by fitting individual cork rings that he spun to my diameter requirements on his lath.
    I didn't mind paying for the conversions as the rods were on a tremendous knock down price of £25 each front around £60 at Chapmans of Scunthorpe.
    Well worth the exercise for me.
    Hope it works out at your end!

I enjoyed the video and maybe just maybe I might be able to do that. However the chances of me making a cockup would be significant. I would experiment on a worthless or broken rod first as most things are easier second time around.

I have 2 Diawa Amorphous Whisker rods with sliding réel seats which I am quite happy with once I have ensured a good fit. I like these rods and shall keep them authentic. I accept fully my considerable limitations in matters diy.

Mike. I have lost count of the number of rod handles I have converted over the years. Suffice to say it is very straight forward, a piece of p#ss in fact. The video explains it all and there is nothing you can get wrong really. Grasp the nettle and do it. Pete
    Casternets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12