Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cooking Hemp.... Infuriating!

I've cooked hemp from a local animal feed supplier on and off for years . Bought some from Monster Particles , prepared cost me a quid a kilo , looks good . Got 10 kilos for £16 delivered .

I stopped cooking hemp some years back due to a few issues/complaints and now prefer to put up to a pint in a flask over night and sometimes adding a spoon of black treacle. All very quick and easy and it defiantly splits with more than enough for my day's fishing but I've never actually used it for hook bait, when I guess the finished seed might be more critical.
    I purchased in bulk (15kg) from a farm shop that sells bird/pet food along with more Carp type fishing bait.

$od all that faffing about - these days it's a large jar of frenzied hemp which keeps well even off the fridge so long as it's in an airtight bag......................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Dont even attempt hemp these days & tried & failed at Tares. I have you right GT56 with the Flask aproach

The local Carp gatecrashed my Roaching back in the day when using Tares by the way, Carp boys take note

Blog Entries

Tares are a piece of p1ss to prepare,apart from keeping a close eye on them so they don't over cook,I prefer firm tares that can just be squeezed between the fingers,not soft mushy things that have to be repaired after every missed bite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12