Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Perch sliding float

Can anyone suggest a good sliding perch float for use on fair deep rivers on a paternoster set up with minnows I have pike sliders but there far to larger for perch. I use normal dreannan bobbers on stillwaters

Blog Entries

Default Re: Perch sliding float

Sensas used to market a Bolo slider float that took up to 15g, and also a Central Slider balsa float for small livebaits that looked like the old Pike pilot floats from yesteryear . . . .

Hope that helps . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

If you cant find a suitable one available in a shop you could choose a polyball of the size you want then push a bit of stiff rig tube through the middle and glue it in place.

I recently bought one of these floats, expensive but beautifully made with adjustable weights, don’t see why they wouldn’t work a treat for perch.

Peacock Slider Straight

Default Perch sliding float

Zeppler | Drennan International

These are okay in the smaller sizes for live baiting.

If you want a smaller or more streamlined float you could try modifying a pellet waggler by putting some eyes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ray Roberts; 21-06-2019 at 03:01.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

6. Default Re: Perch sliding float

Wine cork with one of those lollipop tubes pushed through or the same thing with a beer can widget instead of a wine cork.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    Sensas used to market a Bolo slider float that took up to 15g, and also a Central Slider balsa float for small livebaits that looked like the old Pike pilot floats from yesteryear . . . .

Hope that helps . . . . .
    I managed to find some of these so got on in 3g and 2g

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Roberts View Post
    Zeppler | Drennan International

These are okay in the smaller sizes for live baiting.

If you want a smaller or more streamlined float you could try modifying a pellet waggler by putting some eyes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Planning to getting a few of these in 5g to give a go