Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Anywhere chair doesn't look too comfy, the Trespass chair looks like it might take a few mins to setup, I could be wrong there though.

Want something light and that will fit in a small quiver (rules out most of the commonly available foldup chairs) or strap easily to outside pf a small rucksack (rules out most fishing chairs I think?)

The one in my link looks like it might do the job but not seen one in the flesh.

Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Murray View Post
    Anywhere chair doesn't look too comfy, the Trespass chair looks like it might take a few mins to setup, I could be wrong there though.

Want something light and that will fit in a small quiver (rules out most of the commonly available foldup chairs) or strap easily to outside pf a small rucksack (rules out most fishing chairs I think?)

The one in my link looks like it might do the job but not seen one in the flesh.
    Do you know what it weighs?

3. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Quote Originally Posted by valetudoguy View Post
    Doesn't look weird at all.

My issue with all those tiny fold up ones is they are low on the ground, I have long legs and I get cramp after 10 mins. Also no back rest which I find more comfortable. This is my best compromise by Fish Sense. Very sturdy, high off the ground and a back rest with a padded bit so it does not cut your back, very thoughtful of the designers. Its not light but can fit in a large carrier, one of those for life jobs does the job and all my other tackle including my telescopic rod. Its not particularly light but I dont find that a problem, it will strap to a trollley or bag easy enough which I sometimes do or fits in my troley anyway when I use it, might strap to a bike, not sure but very useful; I also use it on the beach., I dont know what it weighs. I use it for wandering or short sessions otherwise I have a bigger more comfortable chair but this is the best small chair I have and it beats all those fishing stools by a mile and it will last a lifetime, I must have had it for years already. 22ins by 15ins folded.
    Attached Images Attached Images Truly compact folding chair-chair.jpg Truly compact folding chair-chair2.jpg 
    Last edited by markg; 06-07-2019 at 07:10.

6. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Quote Originally Posted by Another Dave View Post
    Do you know what it weighs?
    Website says 8.8 lbs - so I'm looking for something a bit lighter

one of the things I used to do (before I lost that sense of immortality needed to do it) was mountaineering. Weight is always a massive issue in that game and I find by comparison most, if not all, fishing luggage (chairs, bivvies etc) is woefully bulky and heavy-there must be a gap in the market for genuinely lightweight and compact gear. This stuff would hardly be cheap but then a lot of fishing gear is hardly giveaway as it is.

Never have a problem with weight - this is all you need for a good fishing session (the chair is optional)

Truly compact folding chair-loadedup.jpg
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

Anywhere chair would be no good for me,after I'd sit on it for half an hour i 'd never get up..
    Last edited by whitty; 08-07-2019 at 04:36.

JRC stealth Xlite seat is the best I have ever had & I have been through allot of seats.

However if you dont want a classic seat and want something that fits in a quiver then its got to fold up long rather than square. You could go for one of those classic fold up camp chairs that sort of collapse in on itself but I think they are quite heavy for their size.

Very very light but not so comfortable are the tripod seats like this ..

https://www.amazon.com/MFH-Telescopi.../dp/B000NW73PK

Thats just one example. They come in various guises, I have a really tiny one with telescopic legs that I brought for carrying on a bike that literally you can almost fit in a pocket but its just sat in the shed and I have never used it. To be honest in your position I'd just sit on the bank or bite the bullet and get a JRC X lite and accept the extra few ounces of weight.

A good few years back Nash marketed the anywhere chair and gave it the name "Bum buddy". ...I'm not joking...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast