Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Thanks for all the replies, I'll keep looking but what I'm after possibly hasn't been made yet. Those cheap camping foldup chairs are great and I use one all the time for Winter piking, ie sat in one spot for most of the day and as it's always used I don't mind carrying it.

But the problem is carrying around a full chair for roving when it's used maybe 1/3 of the time. The cheap ones come in under a tenner so just think what could be achieved if you had a 70 quid version of a chair like that, truly compact, maybe telescoping legs and really light. I can only dream lol

Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

If you get the Korum aeronium ultralite ( 2.3 kilos) chair and a ruck bag , the former clips to the latter.

It's very light.
    Last edited by mikench; 08-07-2019 at 13:28.

3. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Last edited by valetudoguy; 08-07-2019 at 12:42.

4. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GEERTOP-Fol...09156196&psc=1

Three leg version of the cheap camping chairs with a shoulder strap?

5. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

If you don't mind being low these are great. They pack down into a sling about half the size of those spider leg camping chairs. The handles make it easy to get in and out.

Compact Chair - Carp Fishing Tackle - Avid Carp

I have just took a punt on one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTA1Q...740111_TE_item

Bison Chair , weighs 2.9 Kg , I am now a svelte 16 st so I am hoping I wont have trouble with the adjustable legs , but if I do I will probably just put some small bolts in and wingnuts

Will let you know how I get on ( no pun intended )

Started to sort through my pile of fishing gear today, an embarressment of poverty however, came across these two chairs, the tripod one looks ideal, 3ft off the ground, folds up with a velcro strap and a strap for carrying over your back and padded feet, ideal for roving or on a bike I would imagine. Trouble is I dont know the make, the other one maybe not so good. Found 3 big sea fishing floats that I wanted so jolly good.
    Attached Images Attached Images Truly compact folding chair-abookfishing-009.jpg Truly compact folding chair-abookfishing-010.jpg Truly compact folding chair-abookfishing-011.jpg Truly compact folding chair-abookfishing-012.jpg 

8. Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

That's not a bad shout but I'd need to see it in the flesh - doesn't look much smaller than the campers in that video

My Chair arrived yesterday ( My tackle shop doesn't sell anything like it really )
    Pics are here https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...ums-chair.html
    If you can't see them let me know

I would probably recommend it , its very very light ( < 3KG ) comfortable ( I'm 6 foot 5 and 16 stone ) and I sat in it all day
    However

in its default setting its quite low
    The back is leaning back at an angle ( that suits me )
    It gets good rating on Amazon
    The legs are extendable but you push in a tiny nipple ( oooer ) to pull the legs to a set of predefined heights
    At the longest ( highest chair ) setting the legs wobble a bit in the hand but when you sit down there is no wobble
    I imagine if a sat in the cahir and deliberately shook your self about you might have a problem
    the mud feet are not very Wide

However as I said I used it all day and it was fine

Truly compact folding chair-20190710_175319-1-.jpg

I have a JRC lightweight chair. Its OK for a short sit but the seating bit is very short. OK for little people.
    The back leans too far backwards and I have doctored it.

The observation I would make with some of the previous suggestions is to be careful about those with individual small diameter legs and not to sit on soft banks. They sink !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast