Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    I have a JRC lightweight chair. Its OK for a short sit but the seating bit is very short. OK for little people.
    The back leans too far backwards and I have doctored it.
    Not sure I would agree there John..I am 6'4 and although its quite narrow I dont find it too short. However its important to put it in perspective that its a light weight chair designed to be lugged about so there has to be some compromise on comfort v weight & size.
    I do agree however that the rake is too far inclined back however and I also doctered mine to force it to sit more upright.

The other thing is its also amazingly robust for its weight. I totally abuse mine and its still working perfectly.

Talking of robustness ....

...Benny I would say the potential weak spot on your bison chair are those hinges at the bottom of the back rest were it joins the frame. I suspect that will not tolerate much "lateral" stress if I can put it like that. I can see those plates on the hinge bending over to the side quite easily. Obviously I hope I am wrong but I thought I would mention.

Let us know how it holds up !

Last edited by Philip; 15-07-2019 at 22:58.

Default Re: Truly compact folding chair

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Not sure I would agree there John..I am 6'4 and although its quite narrow I dont find it too short. However its important to put it in perspective that its a light weight chair designed to be lugged about so there has to be some compromise on comfort v weight & size.
    I do agree however that the rake is too far inclined back however and I also doctered mine to force it to sit more upright.

The other thing is its also amazingly robust for its weight. I totally abuse mine and its still working perfectly.

Talking of robustness ....

...Benny I would say the potential weak spot on your bison chair are those hinges at the bottom of the back rest were it joins the frame. I suspect that will not tolerate much "lateral" stress if I can put it like that. I can see those plates on the hinge bending over to the side quite easily. Obviously I hope I am wrong but I thought I would mention.

Let us know how it holds up !

I must admit I had a similar doubt - used it two or three times so far without issue , I did have a cheap tubular steel fold up one me once - nearly lost a thumb
    the legs when fully extended seem a similar worry

If the hinges go it will be out with the drill and some wing nuts with possibly a wedge araldited to keep the back up as My Welding skills are zero and I am not convinced welding would be possible anyway

Will let you now though , but so far for the price I am really pleased with it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234