Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Homemade paste baits

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    Are you still finding their products? They've disappeared from the shelves around here, and I've been told they're not being brought into the country any more. I'm on my last couple of bags of Krill powder.
    Shop here in Leicester that seems to have quite a bit of the groundbait and pellets. I’m tempted to buy a load as their skrill pellets are great

Last time I attempted to make a cheese paste I used it once forgot about it and found a cheese soup in my tackle bag pocket a few months later.

I made up some paste( proprietary brand) put it in a container in the fridge for next morning and it was covered in a hair type growth. Put me off it and I reckon it did the same to the fish as, despite giving it a thorough resqueeze, i didn't get a nibble.

I used to make a cheese paste for the ribble chub, worked well, especially from sunset into dark.
    Liquidised bread.
    Tasty Lancashire cheese.
    And a drop of groundnut oil to soften it.

Blog Entries

Making paste as been a bit of hit and miss for me. I've had not bad results but the same mix as been a total failure in the same swim a couple of days later.
    I now use a propriety brand of groundbait. I've been using paste virtually every session since the beginning of May. The water I tried it on first was a disaster, I have a year permit but have kicked it into touch.
    The other ticket I have for another water is fishing brilliant using the same paste the fish in the other water steered clear of. I've dropped the water where the fish refuse to look at it. I don't want to waste time on a water obviously stuffed with fish that isn't working for me.
    I've settled on one brand but the thing is how its mixed, I reckon other brands will work just as good if mixed nice and soft.
    Top tips for me is I don't use paste in water that's over 4 feet deep, I feed nothing only the hook bait, I find a flat spot to fish.

Blog Entries

Tried my homemade paste yesterday, I caught a small roach on it and managed to miss a couple of bites. It was a hard day, four of us were fishing and I was the only one to land a fish, one guy lost a decent bream at the net he hooked with a banded pellet.
    It was such a dead day and I was glad to save a blank, but think I would have had the same result with plain bread. Not convinced that flavouring the paste is any advantage over plain bread?

Keep persevering and remember what doesn't work one day may work the next.

Inspired by your post and Markg’s reference to supermarket spread. I had a go at salmon spread paste. Interesting it really threw my shotting out I was probably off the bottom when I thought I was on it. Anyway I’d made it a fraction too soft I think. It would hold on the hook ok so perhaps not.
    Covered a 4mm hookable pellet with paste so I knew something was on the hook. Managed a solitary carp on it so not so bad. Will give it another go another day

I found this interesting reading, how to fish with paste the Japanese way

http://www.marukyu-global.com/maruky.../begin0108.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12