Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clever New Hooklength System

Looks like Preston Imitations have actually come up with a good idea of their own, for a change.

Hooklength boxes with magnetic storage for varying lengths of hooklengths.

Hooklengths come ready tied in 8’s on a plastic stick/jig and you just drop them straight into the box. The 4” ones, which are what I mostly use, come with pellet bands or kwikstops and the bands are the translucent white ones, which don’t perish.

I’ve had the odd breakage recently using the Guru 4” pre-tied lengths so I’m going to give the Prestons a go. The line used is Reflo Power Line which is good stuff and I tie all my pole rigs on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Clever New Hooklength System-30bfd355-14b7-4627-ba0a-a223ca29dfe4.jpg 

Default Re: Clever New Hooklength System

I’ve been using them for a while now and find them excellent, much better than the Guru equivalent.

Blog Entries

But other products guru produce are better than Preston equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    But other products guru produce are better than Preston equivalent.
    Subjective opinions as are most endorsements of fishing tackle. I’ll still use the Guru 15” hooklengths, the Impact Bombs and the Pellet Pliers but I think the Preston Quick Change System of Feeders and Bombs is better than Guru, even if they are MAP copies.

Edit: and I use two Guru Catapults that are great pieces of kit.
    Last edited by John Keane; 23-07-2019 at 11:43.

I bought one recently and have just finished loading it. So far I find no fault with it. Works well. The only minor comment I have is that the winders are designed to hold 8 hooks, hooks which are sold in minimum quantities of 10?Pete
    Casternets

Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    I bought one recently and have just finished loading it. So far I find no fault with it. Works well. The only minor comment I have is that the winders are designed to hold 8 hooks, hooks which are sold in minimum quantities of 10?Pete
    Why is that a problem ? Do you tie 10 at a time ? Use up every hook before tying another 10 ? Surely on a popular hook you'd tie another batch of 'x' qty if there were only 2 or 3 left - just in case - rather than risk not having enough for a session and running out ?

I did not say it was a problem. I tie hooks in hundreds not tens. Just that as the rest of the design is so well thought out one would have expected a glaringly obvious point like that would have been covered. I was merely making a constructive comment which doesn't warrant a "Third Degree" response. Pete
    Last edited by bracket; 23-07-2019 at 09:07.
    Casternets

Blog Entries

Let’s just hope that hook makers aren’t thinking of selling hooks in packs of eight soon; like many other slowly shrinking things that we buy in our shops these days.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    You’re a hero, Pete, filling the box yourself, I’m buying the ready tied ones to fill mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    Let’s just hope that hook makers aren’t thinking of selling hooks in packs of eight soon; like many other slowly shrinking things that we buy in our shops these days.

Keith
    Don't give them Ideas Keith , that does sound like something we are going to be seeing one day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast