Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

Trouble is with ebay is they have a set timescale on no shows,I had an order for a dozen packets of Drennan hooks,they didn't show for nearly three weeks,I messaged the supplier three times,starting three days after the due dates,the guy re-sent said hooks stating they would almost certainly arrive and if they did,I should keep them, I said that's not fair on him,but he said it was for my inconvenience,they did turn up some 13 weeks after the due dates...

I've ordered from Total Fishing Tackle (on their website) and have been quite happy with them - 24 hour delivery from Uk to Belgium, better choice and faster than any Belgian company. Their stock is synchronised with their ebay account.

I too think this was an eBay thing.

That being said, on 2 occasions I have encountered an issue with ebay, a seller who never sent the item, and a seller who sent the wrong size and did not refund although I had returned the item and it was received. On both occasions, I opened a dispute and they solved the problem within hours.

That won't change the fact that you might not get the item anyhow at least you can claim the refund and will certainly obtain it.

Blog Entries

I am wondering if the bidder had made a bid more aligned with the RRP, or at least the price the dealer has to pay for the rod, if then it might have been in stock?

Online it seems these rods have a RRP of just over £125 so the winning bid of just £51 was, seemingly, never going to cut it . . . . . I could be wrong but it seems more likely . . . . .
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 26-07-2019 at 16:39.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

The selling price on their website was £69.99. How they got it to that I don't know, but I did notice a day or so before the auction finished that they were out of stock. However, I would still expect the item listed to have been quarantined to fulfill the listing promise. The bid I put in was more than the £51 it ended up as, but with ebay's policy and software you only pay £1 (or whatever) more than the last bidder.

When anyone lists something at an auction you take your chance unless you put a reserve on the item and bidders don't like reserves since it means they can bid to their heart's content and maybe never win the item. I see it in auction rooms where people bid frantically, but never enough to match an outrageous reserve and the bidders are then disappointed. If it's a well attended auction (what's not well attended on ebay?) then it will find the price it is worth there and then.

"And that's the real deal!" - according to that orange faced bloke on the telly (no, not Trump this time.)
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I was also thinking as it went for less then the RRP they simply said it was out of stock then re post in the hope for a higher winning bid.

Blog Entries

I'd bought something else off the ebay site recently and after I received them I posted some positive feedback for the supplier. As soon as I had, ebay asked me if I wanted to leave any more feedback, but I couldn't remember buying anything else that I hadn't left feedback for. So I clicked yes or whatever it is to find out if there was something and lo and behold - up popped the rod I couldn't have.

How can you get the nastiest NEGATIVE feedback into just 80 characters. I tried! Really I did.

I feel a lot better for it too.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

I bet you do. eBay and Amazon get on my wick asking for feedback constantly . It makes you want to give negative feedback almost.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I bet you do. eBay and Amazon get on my wick asking for feedback constantly . It makes you want to give negative feedback almost.
    You're right there Mike , I bought some light bulbs from a site on Ebay , received them , left feedback and then had 3 emails from the supplier telling me how important feedback is to them . I eventually replied saying that requesting feedback constantly wasn't a good way to get good feedback .

Feedback has gone nuts, nearly everywhere now asks for feedback. Bombarded by checkout staff with it too.

I agree it's out of hand. I've had regular requests for feedback for goods I haven't even received. Some ask for 5* ratings. Er I'll decide what ratings I give if any.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast