Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
WARNING EVERYONE!

Last night I won an ebay auction for a Greys twin Tip rod with a 1lbs TC for £51. Quite a few were bidding for it. After winning I paid for it only to receive an email just now that it is out of stock!

This is ridiculous since they should have had one set aside before launching the listing! It could be a month or more before they have one in stock and meanwhile they have my money! Robbing g***.

This company is based near Chelmsford and not to be confused with tackle shops of a similar name.

valetudoguy

Reaction score
I’m feel sure that contravenes the rules of eBay which I thought... though could be proven wrong, state that a listing if for a specific available item. And once you win and pay the item is yours.

valetudoguy

Reaction score
eBay terms copy paste;

What to do
You must make sure the items you’re offering are in stock for the duration of the listing and are delivered to the buyer, unless the buyer doesn't meet the terms of your listing.
For multi-quantity listings, make sure you have ready access to all the items you’re offering. For pre-sale listings, make sure you'll have ready access to all items on the release date.

What not to do
You must not:
List an item that may be out of stock by the time of purchase
List an item that you're simultaneously selling outside of eBay
Offer an item that may not be what's delivered to the buyer
Offer an inflated number of items in a multi-quantity listing

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Thanks guys and yes it does contravene ebays T&Cs, but complaining to ebay is another matter, will they take any notice? I have already been given my money back because they cancelled the order. Sh!ts.

Lark

Reaction score
Make sure you give them a proper send-off on the seller feedback Jeff.

steve2

Reaction score
I have used this company without any problems.
Did notice that your item was marked out of stock on their website.

Stalker

Reaction score
Alas this is all too common a problem with shops that also have their own online presence away from eBay, especially when they stock as much as this place does. Must be impossible keeping tabs on everything.

theartist

Reaction score
The problem is as much Ebays logarithms which mean that if the seller runs out of stock and ends the listing and restarts it when they have stock they would lose their positioning back to the bottom of the search on buy it now

In Jeffs case if this was an auction listing it never really should have taken place with no stock, although it could be that they automatically send the odd buy it now listing to auction as shops have a number of free auction listings

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Make sure you give them a proper send-off on the seller feedback Jeff.
I can't mate, the item has been cancelled and no chance of giving any feedback.

I did make a report to ebay, spoke to a nice Irish lady, but doubt there's much she can do. She did say that they should put an item aside when it goes to a listing or when it's sold, cancel the listing to stop further bidders. She'll report them for what good that will do.

IMO, when they put an item up for auction that item should be perfect and quarantined in some way within the shop so it can't be sold by any other staff to a shop or website customer. My view and that's what I would do rather than disappoint someone and attract bad publicity.

Lark

Reaction score
Agreed - Totally bizarre behaviour by someone that may have ambitions to trade on that site.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
used them a fair bit in the past and they've been ok...stack them high sell them cheap springs to mind, they're ok till things go wrong

john step

Reaction score
Jeff, I have had problems with this firm. I phoned and was told the particular Carp Porter barrow I wanted was in stock and I paid by credit card. It was a birthday present from my wife so I wanted it for the date.

When there was a no show I phoned and told it had been dispatched. Another no show and phone call , to be told it was on order and had not in fact been dispatched.

They bounced me about from sales desk to dispatch organiser. When it was again promised as dispatched I asked if this time this was the truth bearing in mind the previous promises to get a huffy reply that he didn't tell lies and it was on way.

I will never buy from them again. They are just too fly.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I will never buy from them again.
Same here and this time I will mean it!

I bought from them before a Solar Titanium bite indicator and when it arrived the bracket that attaches it to the bankstick was missing. I complained and phone call after phone call promising to send on the missing part did no good. Finally they did send something, but NOT the correct part. I finally had to buy one from a company in Manchester costing around a further £8.

I said then I wouldn't deal with them again, but I slipped up!. Should remember - "Trick me once, it's your fault. Trick me twice, it's MY fault!" :eek:mg:

steve2

Reaction score
I have found the perfect fail proof way of stopping problems with on line ordering I have stopped buying fishing tackle I don’t need.
Something I think we could all do.

rich66

Reaction score
I have found the perfect fail proof way of stopping problems with on line ordering I have stopped buying fishing tackle I don’t need.
Something I think we could all do.

It’s just when we need it and this happens it’s p poor.
I’m waiting on a new br reel, been over a week still not shipped & now eBay won’t let me cancel incase it arrives