Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

WARNING EVERYONE!

Last night I won an ebay auction for a Greys twin Tip rod with a 1lbs TC for £51. Quite a few were bidding for it. After winning I paid for it only to receive an email just now that it is out of stock!

This is ridiculous since they should have had one set aside before launching the listing! It could be a month or more before they have one in stock and meanwhile they have my money! Robbing g***.

This company is based near Chelmsford and not to be confused with tackle shops of a similar name.

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Default Re: Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

I’m feel sure that contravenes the rules of eBay which I thought... though could be proven wrong, state that a listing if for a specific available item. And once you win and pay the item is yours.

3. Default Re: Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

eBay terms copy paste;

What to do
    You must make sure the items you’re offering are in stock for the duration of the listing and are delivered to the buyer, unless the buyer doesn't meet the terms of your listing.
    For multi-quantity listings, make sure you have ready access to all the items you’re offering. For pre-sale listings, make sure you'll have ready access to all items on the release date.

What not to do
    You must not:
    List an item that may be out of stock by the time of purchase
    List an item that you're simultaneously selling outside of eBay
    Offer an item that may not be what's delivered to the buyer
    Offer an inflated number of items in a multi-quantity listing

Default Re: Total Fishing Tackle - CHEATS!

Open a dispute via eBay and get your money back

Blog Entries

Thanks guys and yes it does contravene ebays T&Cs, but complaining to ebay is another matter, will they take any notice? I have already been given my money back because they cancelled the order. Sh!ts.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Cancelled post as I see you've been reimbursed Jeff
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Make sure you give them a proper send-off on the seller feedback Jeff.

I have used this company without any problems.
    Did notice that your item was marked out of stock on their website.

Alas this is all too common a problem with shops that also have their own online presence away from eBay, especially when they stock as much as this place does. Must be impossible keeping tabs on everything.

The problem is as much Ebays logarithms which mean that if the seller runs out of stock and ends the listing and restarts it when they have stock they would lose their positioning back to the bottom of the search on buy it now

In Jeffs case if this was an auction listing it never really should have taken place with no stock, although it could be that they automatically send the odd buy it now listing to auction as shops have a number of free auction listings

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast