Always worth a look!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
And I have often said that, stopped off on the way home at a station, one of those where if you miss the announcement you step off onto the railway line. Just to have a walk and break the day up a bit. Had a wander, not much but nice countryside but went back today for another look but turned right instead of left, came across this, no no-fishing signs and loads of basking roach and one biggish splash as I walked along.
I wandered further and found a nice little bistro pub in the middle of nowhere and had a beer and asked them. They were not sure but thought some of it you can fish. Its sheep country so must belong to a farmer; I might chance my arm some time soon. I know which bit of water it belongs to which is club controlled but this bit looked like it might not be part of that and a good couple of miles away from where I know it is club.
Found 3 huge swan quills as well, 16 inches long, must be main flight feathers left over from a fox kill. Very nice floats they will make; a bonus.
Always worth a look, a fivers train journey from me.

Last edited:

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Interesting journey indeed. This is the season where the fisherman's eyes stick to the countryside especially when on a train back home. After all yiu still have many hours to keep busy!

When i think of train stops and fishing I always remember that old day where I ended into a deep stream (while trying to cross it over a tree), then had to walk through the station with my equipment, to take a train entirely wet!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Interesting journey indeed. This is the season where the fisherman's eyes stick to the countryside especially when on a train back home. After all yiu still have many hours to keep busy!

When i think of train stops and fishing I always remember that old day where I ended into a deep stream (while trying to cross it over a tree), then had to walk through the station with my equipment, to take a train entirely wet!

Ha, did that on a bus once, the driver would not let me sit on a seat and an old lady gave me a peppermint to warm me up.