Ray Nimmo Floats

Lark

Reaction score
Anyone know for sure if Ray Nimmo is still actually manufacturing floats?
I get the impression that those available on t'internet (predominantly e bay) seem to be of a residual nature from days gone by, stock by-ups etc. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm particularly interested in the straight, loaded waggler range (superb floats!!).
Cheers.

Reaction score
Crikey,how old is Ray Nimmo,I would have thought he would have stopped making floats years ago,if he's still with us...

Raynimmoo

Reaction score
Crikey,how old is Ray Nimmo,I would have thought he would have stopped making floats years ago,if he's still with us...

He certainly is :) my dad is 81 and had a break of 14 years from fishing but picked up a rod again last week

Attachments

• 51200BDA-5955-4F51-B70B-AB2D123ACBE4.jpg
    51200BDA-5955-4F51-B70B-AB2D123ACBE4.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 776

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The sort of post guaranteed to bring a smile.:)

Reaction score
He certainly is :) my dad is 81 and had a break of 14 years from fishing but picked up a rod again last week

Great news and fantastic he is back enjoying his fishing...;)

silvers

Reaction score
Didn’t Ray sell his machinery lock stock & barrel to mark bird in 1989? Ie. Image floats.

Or have I conflated two things in my memory?

Reaction score
Can't remember Alex,that's a long while ago now,Mark has lived in Denmark for a long time now,must be over twenty years,last time I saw him was at **** Morris's funeral...

silvers

Reaction score
Hi Alan,

long, long time - you're correct in that Birdy went to Denmark mid to late 90s.
I was in Black Horse from 91 to early 94 - it was only a couple of years after that.
I know the machine tooling at the kempston site was bought from another float manufacturer who was shutting up shop. I'm pretty sure it was Ray Nimmo.

I've still got one of Birdy's handmade peacocks that he made on the side when he was still working (at the paintshop at Vauxhall's iirc).
I also remember well going for a swim on the roadside at Radwell when a chub pulled the top kit off a Garbolino Turbo of his.
Memories of good times generally ...

Last edited:

Reaction score
I can still see his float boxes,full of pretty yellow tipped,blue bodied floats,if ever there was a tackle tart.....a great guy and one I'm pleased to count as a mate.....so many laughs and great team achievements,with a few dissappointments.
My lasting memory was one where we had a division 1 national one the saturday,a summer league match at Felmersham on the Sunday,it was a hot weekend and the national was on the Witham,I had struggled to get casters(blackfly)and only had 3pints for both,so I took the lot to the national,well the length and heat of the day took toll on them even in a cool bag and I had garbage for the league match,he moaned like hell at me,anyway I drew my peg and had 14lbs 14ozs of roach,dace,gudgeon and odd perch,murdering my section and second in the match by ounces,I was a good boy after that,lol...

Last edited:

Raynimmoo

Reaction score
Chat to Ray on Facebook :) I’m sure he would love to talk to some of his old friends

I can still see his float boxes,full of pretty yellow tipped,blue bodied floats,if ever there was a tackle tart.....a great guy and one I'm pleased to count as a mate.....so many laughs and great team achievements,with a few dissappointments.
My lasting memory was one where we had a division 1 national one the saturday,a summer league match at Felmersham on the Sunday,it was a hot weekend and the national was on the Witham,I had struggled to get casters(blackfly)and only had 3pints for both,so I took the lot to the national,well the length and heat of the day took toll on them even in a cool bag and I had garbage for the league match,he moaned like hell at me,anyway I drew my peg and had 14lbs 14ozs of roach,dace,gudgeon and odd perch,murdering my section and second in the match by ounces,I was a good boy after that,lol...