Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lakeside fishery, Leighton Buzzard

I think you will be missing too many bites on the tip,you could use a small method feeder to the island with dead reds on the hook,might get odd good bream and carp....used to work years ago,though the rules may have changed...

The absolute flyer peg on the top lake is on the far side on the corner of the island. If you can get that spot, cast to the margin of the island. I doubt the bigger carp will show now it's getting colder but there's some big bream. Agree with whitty, small method feeder, groundbait, with dead maggot or worm.
    There are some lovely roach in there as well as small ide which were recently stocked. Fish a float down the edge for those.

Blog Entries

Simon has fished it since I have(about 18 months ago),but I'm sure he said on this thread that he caught some skimmers too,these weren't to be caught when I last fished it,bream were quite big,3/5lbs....I caught carp in frosty conditions,but found you had to be really tight to the branches,this is because it deepens quickly from the marginal shelf,line clips and accuracy are a must....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12